View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Of course, Catherine will try to use Bash to ruin Mary's "reputation," because that has been her M.O. in one way or another since she first heard the prophecy (hello, Colin). And I think she just hates Bash, so getting rid of him is always on her to-do list. But, due to the events of 1x08, I have to assume that the legitimization thing is kinda off the table.

I think Lola has her own agenda, but clearly, she has no love for Catherine (again, hello Colin).

But, I think the tables will turn when Mary decides that the "love escapade" is the only way to save Francis, because he won't give up on her any other way. So, I think Mary and Bash will be willing participants in that particular charade, making Francis believe there is a romance where this is nothing (or, at least, nothing that can compete with what he and Mary have).

My spec is that the "unhappy wedding" is all because of the prophecy and perceived betrayal, but that Mary will, in fact, love Francis on her wedding day, despite them being in a not-so-great place emotionally. I don't think she will truly fall for Bash at any point, but they will be close friends in upcoming episodes.
I completely agree with this theory Rachel. Well said.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy