View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Krista_N
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I think Pan realized that Bae was the future father of Henry, so he had a reason to let him go.

1. How did August know about Neals real identity?

Some of August's actions make sense if he was somehow used by Pan. If Neal hadn't left Emma, she wouldn't have put Henry up for adoption, for example. Pan would have known who Neal was and how August knowing that would freak out Neal.

However, some don't. For example--

5. How did August knew about the book?

At this point, the book seems to have either from a benign source (one that wanted to help Emma and Henry save SB and break the curse) or one with a very different agenda than Pan and separate from him (if Pan could have gotten an agent in to plant the book, I'm assuming Pan could have grabbed Henry sooner).

3. Who wrote the book?

4. Who put the book into Snows closet?

My theory is that present/near future Rumple wrote the book and hid it. In Lost, some characters were able to go back into the past, occupying their past selves (I'm not up on all things Lost, so I don't know if they ever occupied someone else). My guess is that Rumple's soul or mind did this. This accounts for how he sounded so double-edged when Regina came to him about an adoption. This was season 3 Rumple temporarily occupying Cursed Rumple. He wrote the book and got it into MM's closet.

The problem is that this makes the book something from Rumple but August getting Neal to leave is something Pan would want.

It's also possible that S3 Rumple got August to break up Neal and Emma. I consider this unlikely for several reasons. Most importantly, it's hard to imagine Rumple doing that to Neal. It would take superhumanly dire straits.

Since this scenario allows for time travel (sort of), it's possible Rumple knew Pan would get Henry and steal his heart, killing him, unless Henry grew up protected in SB and that this was what had to happen. In that case, Rumple would be the one who broke up Emma and Neal.

Ouch.

It's possible that August was manipulated by both Rumple and Pan and that he also acted on his own. Personally, I want to limit it to one manipulator, Rumple or Pan. A third party (like the WWOW) is also acceptable..
I agree that it's highly unlikely that Rumple was involved in the break up. In "Manhattan" he had clearly had no idea that Emma and Neal knew each other and his main goal was to get his son back, which would have been a lot easier if he'd come to SB with Emma, to help her break the curse.

I also don't think that he realised Henrys importance that early in the story. He only thought about killing him after he found out that Henry would be his undoing in S2 and I didn't get the impression that he had any idea Pan would be involved in this. Pan seems to be the only person that Rumple was truely afraid of.

About August being manipulated by Rumple - after their "father/son" reunion, I can't see it as a real possibility. Rumple clearly had no idea who August really was. I also don't think August was working for Pan. There was no reason to have Tamara follow him if they were both working for him and Pan didn't know about the book. I'm sure August would have told him.

But I still think he was working for someone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
6. Why did Tamara not follow August to SB, but got engaged to Neal instead?

My guess is that someone from FTL could enter SB and might have been able to bring someone else in (Regina believed she could bring a child from our world across the barrier). But, a person from our world couldn't follow someone into SB. Also, Tamara had her instructions from Pan, and Pan wanted her close to Neal (probably this was deemed a better long-term strategy for getting close to Henry when the time came).

2. How did Pan get the drawing of Henry?

I see three possibilities:

1. Pan or the Shadow could see the future or Pan had a "neutral" source for seeing the future. By neutral, I mean something like the Oracle at Delphi that answered questions that were asked but didn't actively seek people out or knowingly manipulate them (no comment on the Greek gods or the Fates manipulating people).

2. Time traveling S3 Rumple, for reasons I cannot begin to imagine, got the paper to him.

3. A third party (WWOW, Ursula, other) with her or his own agenda that will likely figure in S3, Part 2, knew and got him the info.

About Henry's Adoption:

On how Rumple arranged it:

Although the episode where Rumple goes to NY implies some major knowledge gaps about things in the real world (like airport security), I'm going to let that go. I'm going to assume that, when Rumple became Gold, he got a complete data dump of all sorts of things about our world--laws, legal gray areas, and more criminal ways of getting around laws--and had all of Rumple's sharp mind and weaslely thinking to make use of them.

Just for my own head cannon, I assume that Rumple read lots of newspapers and did pro bono work--not out of philanthropy but to keep from getting bored. He would pick a tricky case/lost cause and do as much as was possible from a small town in Maine and use local lawyers to tie up the on-site loose ends. He may have also collected information on some more shady types and cultivated some connections.

So, that's Cursed Gold's skill set. Toss in S3 Gold acting through his cursed self. If he could manipulate things, he would want to make sure that, when Emma gave up Henry, he went to an adoption agency where Gold could pull strings.

My guess is that the nice, kind adoption agency guy Regina dealt with was actually really creepy and had been involved in things like baby selling or other illegal activities. Gold called him up and made sure he understood that this baby was to be adopted by this mother.

Pan also tried to use the adoption guy but got in behind Rumple, too late to get Henry.
Good theories! IMO they are all possible. Hopefully someday we'll find out what really happened.