View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 08:01 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
The Amy/Harold scenes were remarkable in season 1. Berlanti did a wonderful job of establishing their very close dynamic. It was great stuff.
I agree with this.

Quote:
To be honest, for me, I could absolutely see how Harold would have been wondering about Ephram in the beginning. The guy had purple hair and rarely had a smile on his face. He was sulky and walked around like he was in pain. That is all Harold viewed initially. To the audience, we understood what a good guy Ephram was but Harold never got to see that. Harold's instinct as a parent was to protect his children, especially his teenage girl who was going through a tremendous amount of stress and confusion over her boyfriend suffering severe brain injury, in a coma.
That is so true. Me not being crazy over Harold was not because that he didn't like Ephram, but the fact that at first he had no other personality aside not liking Andy and Ephram. The moment he got personality - namely his scenes with Amy, Rose, Bright I started liking him. It was not personal about Harold, but it's just natural to like more characters who have substance and personality.

Quote:
The second Harold understood Ephram's intentions and that he was a good guy is when Harold was just fine with Ephram. Before this time, Harold didn't know Ephram in the least. His actions were justified in my opinion.
Yep that's true and of course he would be very cautious about everyone around Amy given how she handled her boyfriend being in coma. That's enough hard to take, there was no need for other issues for her. It's a normal thing for every parent to protect their children.