View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 07:44 AM
I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Meaning Emma was conceived the first night Snow and Charming spent together? It's possible, but depends on the timeline (which isn't entirely clear) and whether they waited or not. I certainly think they were very happily married in every sense of the word (and still are) so definitely wasn't a virgin birth!
It was just a thought from a religious point of view. Maybe Snow wants a second child because Emma was a prophesied virgin birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
It's possible OUAT is playing with some biblical allusions with the names and so on, but I don't think they're direct parallels as such. Not in the same way the various fairytales they play with are, at least.
Not all of the story, just Emma's birth. It's eerily paralleled with Jesus's birth in Matthew. I think Blue could be the Angel of Lord, Granny, Jiminy and Grumpy the three wise men and Regina King Herod. The only difference is that Joseph successfully fled with the young child and his mother while Emma was thrown into the magic wardrobe alone without her parents.