View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Musickat18
Elite Fan

The OP is WONDERFUL you guys!! Great job! I know how difficult it can be for sure, but you guys did a fantastic job!

Why do I dig Shamy?

Since the beginning of the show, Sheldon has by "my baby". He's wonderfully weird, quirky, and just plain hilarious. I have always wanted him to find love, if only because he seemed so adamently opposed, yet knew that it would take a very different and special kind of person to not only put up with him, but to also be well suited. Enter Amy. From the moment she entered Sheldon's life, I could see that they were well matched. I didn't always know if this relationship would lead to romance, but I enjoyed the ride from the get go. Not only is Amy perfect for Sheldon, but as it turns out, Sheldon is perfect for Amy. Sheldon, who was, up to that point, a virtually immovable in his ways is now actively changing himself, without provocation from anyone, in order to be the best boyfriend he can be for Amy, and that's beautiful. In turn, Amy doesn't just tolerate Sheldon, she thinks he's the best boyfriend. It's simply beautiful when any person finds a like person to share their life with. Sheldon and Amy have achieved what many people in the world failed to do: find their soulmate. It's so rare these days to see such a slow courtship and it's been simply amazing to watch both Sheldon and Amy grow together and I count myself lucky to have been able to see the firsts: first kiss, first hand hold, first hug, first gift, and the very intimate first role-play nasty.

Here's to Shamy and here's to 100 more threads! It's been a fantastic ride and I can't wait to see what other glorious moments lie in store for us and them.

***note for Heidi. In my first bolded sentence, please change the "him" to Sheldon, and in the second bolded section, change the two Amys to "she" and "her", so that it flows better when it's in the OP. ***

Wow. Talk about your high maintenance posters.