View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Ahmyrak
Obsessed Fan

My Testimonial. Ahem

Shamy Testimonial -
(Feel free to take from either bolded part, I couldn't pick between the two.)

I don't think in my 15+ years of shipping different pairings - canon and not - I've ever shipped something as hard as I ship Shamy. Now, I've only been a part of TBBT fandom for almost half a year, but I think that really made the cementing that much more solid in my mind.

Sheldon and Amy as seperate people are the odd ones out - isolated because of their high level of knowledge, their lack of filter, and outright disregard for reeling themselves in at all around anyone else. They are hard to handle, and sometimes eyeroll worthy, but you put them together and suddenly, all of that amalgamates into something much more simple and innocent - creating this unique bond between two people that is rarely seen. They have a startling number of similarities and you notice right from the bat as they approach each other in their first meeting and that feeling that you just witnessed something amazing and so right just grows the more as these two interact with each other.

They roll of each other's words, understand what others don't, embrace their own quirks as if they are the most entertaining characteristics they've seen in another human being. So they bond and bond and you watch their walls crumble and their feelings metamorphasize into this...unheard of romance that is unconventional but SO endearing, you just can't help but plaster your face to the screen and hope that it continues to flourish for them.

They have fun hobbies - they make up games and languages that only they understand between themselves, they go do outdoor activities, they introduce each other to new things, and mesh their own scientific perspectives together to perform experiments. They start to tread new territory - something they never would have done if otherwise left alone to face the world - and that's the beauty of it too. Sheldon is able to calm down a bit and embrace a little chaos, and Amy is able to have the social interaction that she had always craved and had to do without.

All in all, they came together under such random and completely chance odds, and from it came one of the most amazing, unique, and heart-rending relationships I've ever had the pleasure of shipping with every fiber of my being. I laugh at their antics, throw tables when they have troubles, and collapse under intense heart palpitations when something just happens to go right for these two - letting them come even that little bit closer.

Shipping the Shamy is akin to traveling upon torrid waters, but once the journey comes to its destination, you are welcomed by a warm oasis that leaves you knowing that witnessing the struggles was all the more worth it.

One last thing I want to add - probably one of the biggest things I have to be thankful for in joining this ship, and show in general, is meeting all the people I have here in the forums. I am so much of an introvert that I barely have much contact with others, as I'm a very resevered and much more comfortable at home kind of person. Coming here, every day or when I have the time, is the highlight of my day. Even if it's only five mintes, the friends I've made here are really part of my family in a sense. And that is something I never would have expected to find in shipping a couple from television, but it's probably one of the most rewarding parts of it all.

So...yeah. Shipping the Shamy, totally diggin' it~