View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 AM
teoriapostmoderna
Ultimate Fan

Digging the Shamy: a testimonial

In 3.23, Sheldon Cooper declared with resignation that "[that day had] to be the worst day of his life". On that day, Raj and Howard found his perfect mate on a dating site.

What makes me love Sheldon and Amy and their bond is that, up until they met, they were not interested in romantic relationships nor they understood their purpose. If they never met in that coffee shop three and a half years ago, they would have kept on living their lives thinking that particular aspect of the life experience was a "social construct". They are each other's exception. They don't want a relationship, they want this relationship. They only want each other, they will not "settle" for anyone else.

This is what Shamy is for me: reconsidering everything you ever thought about life, love and relationships because you've found someone that you think it's worth trying for.

They are as similar as they can be - which allows them to understand the other in a way no-one else can, since they see the world from their unique point of view, while still having some basic differences that make them grow as people and as a couple. They fit each other perfectly. They are best friends, parterns in crime, lovers - the couple of weirdos.

The very first reason I ship these two so much is that I see so much of myself in both of them, they way they are, the way they see relationships and approach them. I'd be a very bad liar if I said the contrary.

As for the future, I wish for Shamy to experience every aspect of love, from the rare heart and mind connection they already have, to the physical aspect they are just starting to explore. With no fear.

Last edited by teoriapostmoderna; 11-24-2013 at 08:42 AM