View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:07 PM
baelfire24
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
This might get me some flack, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the only reason Adam and Eddy aren't getting praise for their decision to give this show its first true "Big Bad" is that they took a character who's traditionally been portrayed as heroic and 'flipped the script', as it were, but I personally think it was brilliant. I love the show's villainous take on Peter Pan (especially with the revelations provided by this past week's episode).

There also seems to be this desire/expectation among the fans that Adam and Eddy are beholden to giving us straight-up translations of the characters/stories they utilize despite the fact that they haven't done so to date with any of the characters they've used.

The things they've done with the Peter Pan character are, in the end, no different or drastic than the things they've done with other characters, and yet I don't see a whole lot of complaining going on with regards to the ways they've 'twisted' said other characters.
Agree.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois