View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Mimimich
Obsessed Fan

Oh no, Kia, hope you feel better and hiiiiiii John! I got your Christmas card, so sorry I didn't send one back!! I'll do better this year Hope your also feeling better

The uni I was applying to made their entry requirements pretty hard, most school leavers need all A's, but as we were older and our course a different way of working from high school they were more lenient with us so our conditions were lower. My application went into clearing which meant I could have found another course but to be honest I didn't know what I wanted to do, I'd only wanted to get into uni to leave my job so hadn't given much thought to the future apart from get out of my rut.

Buuuut... I don't know if anyone has heard of the thing where you can claim back insurance you took on a loan if you didn't need it? (may actually only be a UK thing) I applied for that since I've been incredibly stupid with money for the past decade and got myself stuck with so many needless bills, and actually managed to claim back enough to pay off everything I own which I was NOT expecting, so now for the first time in my adult life I have OPTIONS!! Right now I'm considering saving up to move out and rent, or buy, or travel, or learn to drive, or go abroad for an extended period of time...

I've never been able to even go away on holiday, so I'm considering a wee weekend away with a book somewhere. Rock and roll! I've signed myself up for a portfolio building class to try and get into an art school, so we'll see. If I don't get in it's not the end of the world anymore