View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM
nuwanda
Elite Fan

so, i rewatched the ep today or at least the "important" scenes. i came to the conclusion that the only thing that i've really missed was either a soft touch from gibbs (like in in "missing"; but meaning it serious this time) or what would have been even better a big fat abby hug.

in addition i have to repeat myself by saying that michael's acting was outstanding again and i came upon a nice statement about that. this is exactly what i've always thought but couldn't put it into words:

The uncontested star of the episode, Michael Weatherly was simply outstanding. There are few actors that have his command of body language or such expressive eyes. In fact, Weatherly is so effective at conveying a wide range of emotions with only his eyes - conflict, guilt, confusion, anger, relief, and of course, angst – he is able to move beyond the script and pack nuance into a glance or hold a full conversation with a look. It is a big part of what makes him so believable as Tony DiNozzo.

Lusty, perennial frat boy is the shorthand with which the DiNozzo character is often described, but the way Weatherly plays him, there is much hidden beneath the surface. The actor brings a necessary depth to DiNozzo; complex layers are revealed sparingly, without which the role would simply have become a caricature over time.

Weatherly really shines with challenging material, and 'Once a Crook' ranks up there as one of his finest stints on NCIS.

this is the link to the rest of the review:
Michael Weatherly stars, shines in NCIS ratings topper 'Once a Crook' - Review - National NCIS | Examiner.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Love (View Post)
He is. It broke my heart as well. I am glad he finally fell asleep at the end of the episode though.

don't want to see him when he is waking up again. think he will be sore and stiff - or out of his chair and on the floor.
nuwanda is online now   Reply With Quote