View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 04:03 PM
nannygirl704
Dedicated Fan

That is a great line from Red and the whole canoe bit was funny…although to me Red getting drunk and buying a canoe instead of wedding stuff for Eric and Donna was kinda like What? But *shrug* I don’t think Red really disliked any of the kids as much as it seemed, h just got really annoyed with them. He’s had nice moments with each of them, Kelso and Fez included.

But yeah, dating Laurie did not win Kelso any points with Red. I think Kelso may have even reminded him of his buddy Frank. I think he said it once himself too.

Here’s something I’ve always wondered about, Kitty’s smoking. Now I get that her smoking was kinda a stress reliever (and to me I preferred seeing her smoke rather than drink) and when she quit the second time it was due to DJR quitting in real life too—also where the idea of Kitty’s Birthday (That’s today?!) came from. But what about Red?

He seemed like someone who was upset by seeing smoke. He took the cigarette out of Laurie’s mouth in Thanksgiving and let’s not forget Eric gets Suspended. Maybe it was because those two are his kids, he doesn’t want to see them smoking. But the same went with Kitty, he didn’t seem to like seeing her smoking either. That scene from Hyde’s Christmas Rager comes to mind.

Why do you think this was?

I think it would also be safe to say Red smoked too. We saw it in Drive In and I remember there being a carton of cigarettes mention in RK’s honeymoon story.

So any thoughts on why Red was against seeing Kitty smoke even though he smoked—though not often? Just curious.