View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:15 AM
IloveJules!
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
Haha. I think you've earned the title of preacher around here, Cris. I love to hear ya preach.
Oh sweet Grace. That's because everyone else that ships them went away since the show chose to follow another direction, so it's just me here, mostly. And you now.

It's interesting that you mentioned Stockholm Syndrome because Liz said that she read about it to play the scenes with Bass while Rachel was his prisoner. And Liz specifically mentioned the women who fall in love with their captors. I don't think Rachel is in love with Bass, obviously. But sometimes I can see an attraction from Rachel. When they get really close to each other. It could be just mind games anyway. There were some seduction games going on between them when Rachel was his special prisoner.

Obviously Rachel said she couldn't sleep very well over there, she didn't feel comfortable with Bass putting pressure on her on a daily basis. I think Bass visited Rachel everyday to try to get information. But maybe being 4 years together, basically just seeing Bass, it brought an attraction to Bass. Liz also said that Bass was kind of Rachel's savior in a twisted way because he's the only person that she could talk to during 4 years.

I also see some kind of Stockholm Sydrome in reverse, if there is such a thing. With Bass being attracted to Rachel and wanting her approval and appreciation. I mean, he brings Danny back so Rachel will finally tell what she knows, but also to make Rachel happy. When he says "you could be with your boy again, you can be happy again". That's his sweet psycho twisted way to try to please her.

There are certain moments between Rachel and Bass when you wonder if they used to be more than just friends. I don't think so. But Liz once said that Rachel has slept with almost everybody. So who knows? I actually wouldn't like it. Because she was already involved with Ben and Miles in the past. That's their story. If something ever happens between Rachel and Bass, it's better if it is in the future and for the first time, if we see it little by little.

Quote:
And Rachel sorta lets him off too easy. She tries to kill him, but doesn't really try try, if you know what I mean. A nice half-hearted attempt. In the end, she always seems to give in to him, even excluding the times it was by force.
I know what you mean. She wants to kill him, but she doesn't really want. If Rachel really wanted to kill Bass, she would have done it. She easily killed her colleague Brad, Strausser and she would kill Tom too. She just didn't do it because of Charlie. To kill Bass she could have just thrown the grenade, but she didn't. She could have used the gun Miles gave to her, but she didn't. Inside the bunker, she could have used the coil gun to kill him, but she didn't do it. So she wants him to die, but she can't achieve it herself, I guess. It would be much easier if someone else did it for her. I think this is hard for her because of their past friendship. I think it shows how their friendship seems to have been deeper than what we know. Liz said Rachel still sees Bass as a friend, even though they're enemies now and she hates him.

Of course I'm trying to think from Rachel's POV. Obviously she didn't kill Tom or Bass because the writers didn't want them to die. And Revolution isn't a very well written story, so I'm probably thinking way too much about it and there are things that I care about, but the writers probably don't give a damn.

Quote:
Yes. What I see in Bass, I'm starting to see in Rachel. Thing is, Bass knows exactly what he's done, how much blood is on his hands. He might be on his path to redemption just by realizing that. Rachel, on the other hand, is just starting to go down that path. I'm not sure she knows just how much she's turning out to be like Bass.
I think Rachel knows how much blood she has on her hands. She said it to Ben. I think her guilty is what motivated her to leave her family and try to do something right. It's interesting she's willing to die with Bass. As if she thinks she deserves it as much as him because of the things she did. It could be just Rachel wanting to avenge Danny's death so much, even if it means she has to die to do it. But since we know Rachel's story, I think it's more than that. It's more complicated than that.

And that conversation with Bass inside the bunker. The whole thing, what he says about suicide, guilty and his son. I think it makes Rachel realize she's just like him. At least she can identify with everything he's saying. It's not enough to change her way of doing things. She's still obsessed with revenge and turning the power back on. Maybe what's going to change her is whatever happens with those missiles. If they really hit Atlanta and Philadelphia, I can see Rachel being completely affected by it to the point of her realizing all her mistakes and it may change her drastically.

Quote:
He has that special something just for her. It could be that she's related to Miles and he looks up to him as an elder brother. Like you said, after Miles left, she's the closest thing he had to a family.
It could be. Bass tends to be attracted to everything related to Miles. But David said he played Bass as wanting family love from Rachel. The same way he wants from Miles. So he wants that from the rest of his family too. I've noticed that he tried to impress Charlie and Danny too. So maybe that's it. But I like to think it is also related to their past friendship.

I don't like Miles. I can't sympathize with him. I don't understand why he became so dark in the past. I don't like the way he treats Bass. I don't like his arrogance. And of all the main characters, he's the most hypocrite. I don't understand why he's supposed to be seen as a better person than Bass. Consequently, I don't like Miles and Rachel together. I just want him to stay away from her.

But I also think they don't have chemistry. And I think they're being forced down our throats. When you have other characters (Tom and Nora) telling us that they love each other, they're definitely being forced down our throats. And I don't like the context of their relationship. Miles is the man that wanted to capture his own brother and the husband of the woman he loves. He's the man that physically tortured the woman he loves and the one who decided to keep her as a prisoner. And he almost punched the woman he loves just because she provoked him. And I also think this relationship is mostly about Miles and Charlie. It rarely is about Rachel.

He's the brother in law and the relationship started as an affair, which isn't exactly the nicest thing, but I don't have a problem with that, really. Now I have a huge problem with the fact that Miles wanted to punch Rachel.

Bass did lots of terrible things with Rachel, but he doesn't love her. Also he's clearly unstable and paranoid. And the most important thing, he never tried to punch her. I often say this because it's a very important detail. The only time Bass grabbed her neck was because she tried to stab him with a pen.

I think that sixth gif is good to compare the way dark Miles and dark Bass treat Rachel. What's happening is that Rachel is trying to kill/hurt Bass with a pair of scissors (Rachel and her weapons ) and the only thing he does to defend himself is to be over Rachel on the table and grab her hands. Then he sweetly says for Rachel to stop for a second. I don't like to imagine what dark Miles would do.

This post is very long. Congratulations to you Grace, if you read all of it.