View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Heiots
Part-Time Fan

Haha. I think you've earned the title of preacher around here, Cris. I love to hear ya preach.

Everything you said about Bass and Rachel's relationship, I yes it. That's not the usual relationship between a captor and captive...unless we're talking Stockholm Syndrome here. You brought up a good point about wondering how their friendship was like in the past, because Bass seems to be entirely too comfortable baring his heart to her. Like you, it makes me think they used to be really close or something happened between them, which at the moment, I doubt so. If Rachel had been with Miles, Ben, and Bass...meh. And Rachel sorta lets him off too easy. She tries to kill him, but doesn't really try try, if you know what I mean. A nice half-hearted attempt. In the end, she always seems to give in to him, even excluding the times it was by force.

Yes. What I see in Bass, I'm starting to see in Rachel. Thing is, Bass knows exactly what he's done, how much blood is on his hands. He might be on his path to redemption just by realizing that. Rachel, on the other hand, is just starting to go down that path. I'm not sure she knows just how much she's turning out to be like Bass.

Quote:
So I'd really like to see more about their friendship before the blackout.
You and me both.

Quote:
Bass is usually very patient with Rachel in a weird way. Because he usually gets mad with everyone else that provoke/challenge him (including Emma when he said she shouldn't talk to him like that). I can't explain exactly why really. There are moments when I feel he's completely attracted to Rachel because of the way he looks at her. And he wants her approval/love. He's not like that with other women. He's a man looking for love, any kind of love, no doubt.
I see that too. He has that special something just for her. It could be that she's related to Miles and he looks up to him as an elder brother. Like you said, after Miles left, she's the closest thing he had to a family.
Quote:
I have a very clear idea of what's going to happen between Rachel and Miles though. When you have the writers comparing them to Harry and Sally.
I don't know. I just don't like them together. I don't know why because Miles is a good-looking guy and everything. He cares for her and all. I just...I don't even know why I prefer Bass to Miles. Bass just seems more of a complex guy, and maybe that attracts me. He's a more interesting character to delve into, and of course, it doesn't hurt that he has that chemistry with Liz.

I guess it's more plausible for them to be friends than lovers. (But also, how plausible is it to be in love with your brother-in-law...)

And the sixth gif is my favourite too!