View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, Nancy, thanks for finding those! I've been wanting to re-read them. They're very canon-J/H and gave us more than the show did at times (post-S5).

...And they gave me characterization I use in the comics.

One of my favorite things is that Hyde wants to get Jackie "something that lasts". That's very telling.

ETA: One of Jackie's diary entries also confirms Hyde's preference for cherry-flavored things. In "Drive-In," Hyde (as Satan) tells Fez to get him a "cherry pop" (soda). In the diary entry, Jackie got herself a cherry Slurpee and Hyde a watermelon Slurpee, and he says he doesn't like watermelon but cherry. Love character consistency. So why couldn't the show do it when someone who worked for the T7S website way back when could?

ETA 2: Okay, scouring the old Zen threads, I found a transcript of Mila and Danny from some Canadian behind-the-scenes special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou (View Post)
{This was taped while they were all filming I Can See For Miles and it aired as a special in Canada. The only reason I got to see it was because Brosy sent a copy to me.}

Mila: The first script read-through we did I was fourteen so, uh, for me it was like 'Look at all these cute boys, so, I didn't like, it was..."

Danny: Me being the cutest of course.

Mila: Yeah, Danny. I was like "Ah, he's so cute!".

--

Danny: My favorite scenes are the ones where I'm just with one other person. Always. Whether it's me and her, me and Forman, me and Kelso...

Mila: When it's just me and him. That's his favorite.

Danny: Yeah, I mean, doing scenes with her is just awesome. Because you can do a lot more. And the audience y'know, I understand would love watching all of us because they get everybody in one shot but y'know pretty much those scenes are just one liners coming from every direction. Which is great and it's really fun and it rolls, but like with acting y'know, when you get to do a one on one scene it's a lot easier to get more real stuff out of it.

--

Danny: I wound up getting the job and...

Mila: ...working with me.

Danny: And she was as hot as she is, y'know c'mon.

Mila: I was fourteen.

Danny: At fourteen she was even hotter. *Mila laughs, covering her mouth* But I'm not allowed to say that. *Danny brings his finger to his lips like he's silencing himself*.
--

Mila: I love the wardrobe people. I adore and I think they do a fabulous job of putting outifts together. It's not their fault that these outfits are so hideous, it's just not. And they're literally from the 70's, they're thirty years old, from like old basements of somebody's house. They come and they clean it up and I'm forced to wear it. And-

Danny: Yeah but you look really hot in it.

Mila: Well thanks, Danny. I don't feel very hot in it I have to say. Like, the waistband, I don't know if you can see this, is literally up to my like :: lifts up shirt and counts :: third rib. And like y'know, it's polyester, it's tight, it's not flattering in my opinion.

(Danny was staring rather intently while she lifted her shirt, btw)

--
Interviewer: Have you guys learned a lot from this acting job. I mean, has it taught you a lot about acting, Hollywood.

Danny: No.

Mila: Ummm...

Danny: For me, no.

Mila: ...it taught me how to make friends with someone like Danny. *pats his leg and then mouths "crazy", doing the "crazy sign" (rotating her finger near her head)

Danny: I'm a little nuts (does the same "crazy sign").

edit: I feel I should also mention that while taping....um....an episode, the one where Jackie's sitting on the counter and Hyde's next to her and....screw it, let me get a picture:

Well, in between takes, Mila leans over and kisses Danny on teh lips. The guy yelled cut an everything so it wasn't filmed at all and she was giggling all the while. Hee.
Original post here.

Note: I quoted the picture, too, because it's relevant to this post.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 08-14-2013 at 06:15 PM