View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Meyers
Dedicated Fan

Wow, VM debuted their new SD and there was only a few posts and the thread is way back in the pages? Tsk.

Love, love, love this program. I know that there are parts that will need work, but I don't even care right now. There is so much choreography, so many holds, so many gorgeous turns of the blade... that footwork sequence just might be my favourite ever from them. I adore that little 'flourish' in the middle to highlight the style of the program and music, and how they turn out of the midline at the end of the rink and then so smoothly into each other's arms. I'm really glad they went with the midline; the have the best edges, unison, and lines, and a midline shows it off so much better than in a circular, and I think than a diagonal would.

I love how they make use of the music so beautifully, like how their steps go from sharp to the early beats of the music, to gliding along with the first notes Ella sings about stars shining. I love the mini helicopter leg move for the word 'sycamore'. And it just keeps going. Their twizzles have arm movements during them to reflect the music. They finish in a pose that's a little awkward, but still elegant and 'cheek to cheek'. I love that the music, while three different pieces, are all Louis Armstrong, and two with Ella Fitzgerald, so they still go together.

August. It looks that good in August!

ETA:

https://twitter.com/lday755/status/3...261953/photo/1

Last edited by Meyers; 08-12-2013 at 01:43 AM