View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
JustMe2000
Elite Fan

Just a few thoughts before I get the thread up for tonight's episode.

-Maya and Jenna hanging out playing guitar was great. In fact, that whole scene was terrific- easily the best one in this whole Alli in love in Paris story line.

-At this point, I can't bring myself to care who Miles ends up with. They could have used this trip as a way to show the 3 new characters (yes, Winston I didn't forget about you even if the show may have) bonding with the established characters in a loose natural way but instead they went the obvious love triangle/quadrangle way. Very disappointing, but not surprising.

-I realize that the levels of fluency with French would vary with characters and that's understandable, but really, Miles is the only one that understood the teacher when she asked them to buy food?

-Speaking of teachers, did Madame Jean-Aux get lost somewhere in the middle of southern France? Maybe she's back in Toronto hanging with Dallas, who seems to have pulled a disappearing act himself?

-Very much enjoyed the little bit with the two kids talking about Clare throwing up. Totally a conversation you could expect a couple kids their age to be having.

-I mostly enjoyed the Clare plot, as it was refreshing to see her in a lighter mood while around Drew and the rest of the campers.

-The "I'm going to fight this! "I'm going to win!" moment made cringe. I feel bad for Aislinn because it's the type of line that's going to make any actor look silly.

-Seeing that moment with Clare, Eli and Helen embracing at the end just highlighted the glaring absence of the rest of Clare's family from this plot.

-I would have loved to have seen Connor and Jenna going to the Catacombs. I'm guessing I would have enjoyed that more than any plot in any episode this summer.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote