View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 PM
InterwebzKid
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineFierce (View Post)
Mary! I read your beautiful post in the previous thread and I gotta say you hit the nail right on the head!

As for the scene where she steps over his body, do you remember the scene in the S1 flashback where Damon and Stefan are by the river after Kat was dragged to the church? Damon says this:

"DAMON: I woke up last night. I didn't know
where I was. I went to the church. And I
watched them drag her inside. Then they set fire
to it. And the whole church went up into flames.
They killed her, Stefan. She's gone."

There's an inconsistency in the scene. Damon says he woke up and watched her get dragged inside. In the S2 flashback, Kat walks over a body, but we never see whose body it is. Damon should have been up by then, if he had indeed watched Kat being dragged into Fell's Church. Either the writers forgot what they wrote, or Kat or Damon is lying.

Its the same thing with Damon saying that Kat never compelled him but in the S2 flashback, Kat tells Stefan she compelled him to leave her room after being kissed by Stefan. Ian said this in an interview:

We learn a great deal from Katherine,"
he says. "There's a lot of exposition about
what happened, but then again, like with
Damon last year, you have to consider the
source of your information. With Damon, you
get some of the truth, but not the whole
truth, and Katherine, like Damon, is very
convincing." -
‘Vampire Diaries’: Ian Somerhalder on romance, bromance, and changing the world - Zap2it

So who do you guys believe? Damon or Katherine? Or are the writers sloppy?
When Damon said she never compelled me, I thought it was in the context of what Stefan had said. Stefan had said she compelled them and that their love for her wasn't real, so I thought that's what Damon meant when he said that.

And I agree, Damon and Kat can both be very convincing when they want to be lol. So if that body wasn't Damon, who do you think it was?