View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Monday, August 5

http://www.abcfamilymedianet.com/doc...Highlights.pdf

Quote:
Original Series – Episode Premiere
Switched At Birth “What Goes Up Must Come Down”
(8:00 PM - 9:00 PM ET/PT)
Bay and Ty go on a camping trip, while Daphne stays home when she is concerned the truth might come out.

Monday, August 12
Original Series – Episode Premiere
Switched At Birth “The Merrymakers”
Toby gets some surprise news from an old friend, while Daphne and Bay agree to throw Nikki a bachelorette party.

Monday, August 19
Original Series – Season Finale
Switched At Birth “Departure of Summer”
John and Kathryn try to help Daphne out, while Ty receives his deployment notice and is worried about breaking the news to Bay.
What does little Daphne get herself into?

And I guess they set up a way for Ty to leave in case TLG got picked up since they weren't sure when they wrote the episode. I'm wondering what they'll do now, if anything. Or maybe Ty's arc was never meant to go longer than the summer episodes. I guess we shall see in the event of a season 3 (hopefully).
My best guess for Ty is that they want to keep Blair Redford around. Poor guy. I can't imagine the tension he is feeling about breaking the news to Bay around the time of her brother's wedding, and I doubt the relishes the idea of leaving Bay when Emmett is always nearby (hanging out with Daphne or Toby or at Carlton).

I bet the writers want to start up the school year, reintroduce Bay at Carlton, and focus on the Deaf students (without Ty as an extraneous storyline). But I am almost positive he will have a long-distance relationship with Bay. And I am pretty darn sure he'll return on leave, or even be stationed back in KC, by the midway point of Season 3A.

They can't let Ty be gone for too long. He'll probably just be gone for the first few episodes to give the Carlton students a chance to get back in to full swing again.

I hope we get lots of Daphne & Noah AND Emmett & his new love! That's what I want most of all for Season 3A.

Last edited by ollibear; 07-18-2013 at 06:23 PM