View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Morbius
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The Buffy comics have completely murdered Xander's character, with him suddenly being in love with Dawn
Xander loving Dawn? No, thats obviously not what should happen....

I'd introduce a brand new character for Dawn, its about time she had her first Angelic experience. There is nobody in the current roster who'd qualify as Dawnies LI IMO.

As for Xander. His storyline now should obviously revolve around Anyas death. I'd expect him to go through some change and emotional turmoil and stuff.

I can see him at least temporarily leaving the group getting fed up with losing everything for a cause which isn't his own. What he does and why he returns( if he returns) being a subplot in itself.

Another option is that with Anyas death his Buffy obsession resurfaces and obviously causes problems between him and Buffy and the vamp guys. In this scenario he doesn't leave but gets kicked out. If you ever wanted to do a sort of evil xander story now would be the time also.

Quote:
Ooh or how about Andrew? I always thought his character could've been expanded a bit more, he was probably one of the best things abt s7 with the comedic relief... would you all liked to have seen him in more serious plots or keep up with the comic relief?
Frankly there was too much Andrew in the last two seasons for me compared to how little was solved regarding the more important older characters. He was introduced, fleshed out into main character status, changed sides etc. Focus more on the mains first and if we don't have anything better to do and its a downtime then do something with him. Definitely keep him as comic relief though because with Xander losing that position we need that.

Also find a way to fill in the whole Cordy left in the sarcasting humor department.

Also it'd be time to think about villains. We have a few old ones who could return later and one current who needs to be defeated if we even care about AtS but first we'd need to freshen up the roster with new faces.

Again if we apply a more global scale to the continuation we have a few interesting options with country specific monsters and myths.

Quote:
Season 6 & to a greater degree, Season 7, are both so screwed up with the characters I can't even wrap my head around it.

I absolutely love your ideas Morbius! Why couldn't we have had something like that on the show? Why did they have to kill my beloved Tara?
Its obviously not easy to make a show like this and much less making it so succesfull so I don't want to pretend that I could've done a better job than them.

Its just that in retrospect most of the problems could have been so easy to fix with a little thinking and it could've improved the show so much along with a few realy missed opportunities.

I just don't know why they didn't do it.

Last edited by Morbius; 07-11-2013 at 04:13 PM