View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
baelfire24
Master Fan

Quote:
A celebratory doodle since I've submitted all my year projects for assessment!

It's of Andromeda Tonks (Née Black) and Narcissa Malfoy (Née Black) and baby Teddy.

I am really fascinated by the Black sisters. Each one of them took a different life-path and each one of them has completely differing personalities. I'm intrigued as to whether Narcissa would attempt to contact her estranged sister after the Battle of Hogwarts. I think she would.
Narcissa and Draco Malfoy dont seem to me like evil types, and neither does Lucius if I'm honest. What they are is rather selfish, prideful cowards, therefore they take the any route that will ensure their own survival. Although I believe Lucius is the worst of the three, I think Narcissa and Draco are just scared.
Generalising from a psychologist point of view, it is all about our 'fight or flight' response, the large majority of us will choose 'flight', which is exactly what Narcissa seems to have done through her life, whereas Andromeda chose 'fight'. The problem is once we use a certain response a lot of us will continue to go back to that same response over and over and it becomes habitual and safe.

Why am I rambling about this? Because I like to think that after the war, once Bellatrix is dead and Harry has won, Narcissa re-evaluates what is important and at least tries to make some kind of amends with her sister.
Especially now that her sister Andromeda has lost her husband, only daughter and son-in-law and now has to raise baby Teddy (with help from his godfather).

It's what I like to believe anyway...

I don't know why I've written all this, I think I'm a little delirious from lack of sleep, I've been awake and working non-stop for over 30 hours...

I love Andromeda.

NB I know they don't look their ages, I tried but they looked weird so I made them forever young
Source: Catching-Smoke on deviantART

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois