View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 AM
IloveJules!
Extreme Fan

That conversation between Rachel and Nora about Miles was outrageous. It enrages me when I think about it. So many things they could have talked about and they talk about Miles and how much Rachel and Miles love each other. It was good that Miles stayed with Nora because when he was fighting with Bass he said he had more important things to do aka saving Rachel and Charlie. He wasn't even thinking about Nora and she fell in the water with them too. He had no idea if she was alive. So it was very good that he chose to stay with Nora.

I loved how Rachel said to Grace they had to "stop the militia" instead of "stop/kill Bass".

Bass really doesn't like what he has become. And the first time we hear him basically confessing he hates what he's now is with Rachel. Their very first scene together when Rachel says she liked him a lot better when he was a womanizing drunk and he agrees with it. He's comfortable enough with Rachel to let her see his vulnerable side. And that's because of their past friendship. There was a time when they were close enough (as friends) to trust each other and to feel comfortable with each other. And I think that's how Bass still sees her. As a friend. Same with Rachel even though she hates what he is now. I think the bunker scene reflects it perfectly.

What I like the most about Bass being comfortable with letting Rachel see his vulnerable side is that Bass is not desperate or obsessive when he's talking to her. With Miles he behaves like a puppy. A little brother desperate to please the older brother. And Miles treats him like someone inferior. With Rachel is different. After everything he had done with her and she hates him, but he's normal with her. Bass sees her as a friend and is not desperate or obsessive. Also Rachel, despite hating him and wanting him to die, she still treats him equally with her. I see equality and balance between them. Obviously when Rachel was a prisoner there were a few moments of desperation and inferiority, but that's because of the circumstances and not how their relationship is when they're out of this captor/prisoner dynamic.

Yes, I think Bass is on a path to redemption. I think he will find his son and the boy will have a positive effect on him. And that's great. But I'm not sure about Rachel. I see Rachel as flawed and messed up as Bass. They have a very similar emotionally confused unstable mind. She's done some questionable things that had terrible consequences, so I wonder if she will ever be on a path to redemption too. It doesn't seem as clear as Bass.

Because they're so similar they can understand each other and relate to each other when it seems no one else understands them. So it would be great if they could find redemption through each other.

After what happened with Danny, I thought a romance between Rachel and Bass would be impossible. The heart to heart conversation in the bunker changed my mind. But there is Miles. Apparently, Rachel loves him. So that's almost impossible.

However, now that Nora is dead and Bass is out of the militia, I won't be surprised if there is a love triangle involving Miles, Rachel and Bass. I never forgot something Liz said at the WonderCon about Rachel. She said Rachel has slept with almost everybody. I don't know the context of her words, why she said it and if that's exactly what she said. I didn't watch the panel. It was basically a tweet of what was being said in the panel. But it makes you wonder if it's just about Ben and Miles or if it is about Bass too even though all we know is that they were just friends. When Rachel said "you have always made excuses". For a brief moment I thought it was about them and not really about Danny or Rachel's time as a prisoner of the militia.

I'd love to see Rachel and Bass working together too. Maybe now that Bass is out of the militia and we have this President that doesn't seem to have good intentions (what are you gonna think about a president that sends missiles to two cities and hides in Cuba for 15 years while "his" people are suffering). Maybe it will bring them to the same side.