View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Lennie1984
Elite Fan

Hook & Emma
Appreciation Thread

Kindred spirits

"Emma's definitely intrigued by Hook ~ he is a kindred spirit for sure. He's someone who will do
whatever it takes to survive, the same way Emma has in her past. I think she relates to that
and has some sort of respect for it. Even though he doesn't always have the best intentions,
she's drawn to him and at least feels connected to him in that way."
Jennifer Morrison, the Clicker

▮ P a l e y f e s t

” In the meantime, obviously there’s always been a connection,
some kind of “kindred spirit” element, between Hook and Emma."
Jennifer Morrison, TVline

Pictures

"All we know is that Emma does definitely feel a connection to him because she also started out as a thief,
she also started out as abandoned in certain ways, she also lost love at a young age."
Gifs

” Any romance coming up for Hook?" ~
"They haven't told me yet but there might be."
Colin O'Donoghue, Paleyfest

Jennifer and Josh at Paleyfest about Captain Swan

” They have all these things in common, so as much as she sees him as someone she needs to keep under control
or keep away from her son for sure at this point, there’s an undeniable connection between them as well."

Captain Swan discussions at PaleyFest 2013

▮ T e s t i m o n i e s
Celebration of the 50th thread

I first fell in love with the idea of Emma and Hook when she tied him to the tree. They had a great back and forth in those scenes, and then seeing him finally break down and admit she beat him was great. The whole beanstalk adventure only cemented my feelings that they were meant to be. The looks she gave him and the way she reacted both times she thought he was hurt. I loved the little eye flutter she did when he bandaged her hand, it was amazing. On the other hand, he obviously was taken with her and wanted her to trust him. You could see it in the looks he gave her. When he reached out for the compass on instinct and she withdrew her hand and put it in her pocket, when it showed his face you could see the thought 'That is right this one is different, proceed with caution.' Then she locked him up and you could see the hurt on his face, when he realized he hadn't broken all the way through her walls. I actually cried at the end when she left him, because she wanted to trust him, but she was so afraid to trust her own instincts. The reason I think they are going to be Epic together is, they are both really strong characters that have both gone through very similar situations. I think that it will probably be revealed at some point that Hook was abandoned in some way as well. Emma needs a man that will choose her over everything, and Hook has shown that he can love deeply enough to do that. This love story is going to be amazing to see unfold.
jasperann1978
I LOVE Captain Swan / Hook & Emma together. I believe they are alot alike. Both have had their hearts broken, both have scars & I think it'd be great to have them heal each other. Hook is a man's man & would not only fight for Emma, but choose her, & Emma needs to be reminded that she is special. Emma can also do the same for Hook as he feels nobody really cares for him & he's sort of lost, blinded by revenge. They need each other & , in time, I know they'll love each other & experience love in its truest form.
**bittersweet**

I’m writing this testimony for the 50th thread about CS and I want for us to keep that in mind for future threads: it’s already the 50th thread about CS, many people participate to its dynamism, and yet, Hook and Emma are just at the beginning of their journey together! The writers and the viewers seem to like this ship too, so I’m very positive about them being in love later in the show !

Why are so many fans enthusiast about this ship?

I’d like to point out three reasons which are important for me, but there are plenty of others in all the testimonies (so please, read them!). When I watched Hook on the show for the first time, I was immediately … hooked by him. I enjoy his cockiness, his innuendos, and his way to flirt with pretty much everyone in order to get what he wants. He brings some fun in OUAT, which is really nice. To sum up Hook is a great add to the show.
One of the things that I like the most about him is his relationship with Emma. Hook is able to read her like an open book, and thus, she displays another side of her when he is around. She talked about Henry’s father with him, even though she knew him only for a very short time. He understands things she doesn’t say only by looking into her eyes. I think that she shares something really special with him, something that doesn’t exist with other people in SB such as her parents or her friends. Why ? It’s because they are alike and I guess that they had to face the same obstacles in their life.

I also like how they interact: he makes an innuendo; she rolls her eyes and make some snarky comment. That’s always fun to watch!
Lastly, I do think that Hook’s personality is the one that fits the best with Emma’s. He knows what he wants and he will always fight for it. When he loves a woman, he can do everything for her and could never leave her behind. It means that Hook will never abandon her like she was before, and thus, he’s the perfect answer to her worst fear: to be abandoned again.
So that’s why he is perfect for her, but of course Emma is the best one for him. Hook is focused on his revenge and that’s the last thing that keeps him alive for now. But I’m sure that Emma will provide him another reason to live and to have hope. He needs to be with a woman full of courage and who is strong. He already told her many times that they make a great team and he already respects her very much.

All these reasons explain why I enjoy this ship and I am sure that they will understand at some point that they are meant to be together!
Mirka

I didn’t watch OUAT until a couple of months ago. I tried to stay spoiler free but I did read about fans wishing to see Hook together with Emma. I didn’t really get it until I saw it for myself. From the first episode they shared scenes I could see the chemistry clearly. However I didn’t decide to ship them yet. When I see a couple that has chemistry together I have to feel it in their story too. It has to make sense for them to get together story wise I think. After watching Tallahassee I was definitely Hooked. In the episode you could clearly see the connection they shared. Also Hook was the first person to read Emma like an open book and got her while others failed. The scene what made me a diehard shipper was the scarf scene. I don’t think that needs to be explained but their conversation after it had so much emotion when they talked about past loves. They got each other. And I got CS. They are kindred spirits, they share a connection, have amazing chemistry and there banter is also amazing to watch.
Green eyed stone
I ship Captain Swan because Emma and Killian complete each other. Like both actors have stated, they’re kindred spirits, and they can bring the best out of each other. Killian is the only man in her life that has been able to see through the walls Emma has built to protect herself from suffering, and Emma can bring love again in Killian’s life.
andrea0594
I think why Emma & Hook work so well together is because Hook (as well as Emma) can be both Hook & Killian with Emma! She won't get shocked or surprised if ever he tries to kill Rumple or get someone out of his way, she won't be surprised to see him use his charm to get what he wants, she actually seems a bit more surprised when his gentle side comes out because she sees part of herself in him: the good, the bad, the walls and the fragile and wounded part. They're alike and they complete each other.
ElizaSparrow
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones