View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:10 AM
Tracie76
Elite Fan

This is the portion of the LG interview that discusses the decision to have Wade cheat. The rest of the interview is spoilerish so only click to read it if you don't mind spoilers.

Quote:
Gerstein was not shocked by my first Wade Kinsella (Wilson Bethel) question as I’m sure it’s one she has heard a lot. And while her answer may not be what everyone wants to hear (though I question if any answer will satisfy some of you), as a writer, I will say it made sense to me, “I always knew that was coming. Despite the extreme passion and hostility I felt from some people, and there were a lot of people who felt that way, he was not ready for this relationship. He was always going to sabotage it. He was never ready.”

Gerstein felt that Wade’s transition from “Player Wade” to “Perfect Wade” was quick, and his fall was inevitable because he jumped into that role so quickly and so unexpectedly. But she was quick to point out, he did not carry all the blame, “Zoe really screwed up in that episode. She pushed him out of his comfort zone. He felt a lot of pressure on him and couldn’t take it. So he did… what he knew how to do.”

In essence, kids, they just weren’t ready. To say the two of them were (are) screwed up is being nice about it. “She wasn’t ready to date Wade Kinsella in his existing form, and he wasn’t ready to date Zoe Hart.” Here’s what I liked about her answer – she doesn’t go back on her decision at all. She owns Wade’s actions and stands by it. You’ve got to respect that. But what now?
Hart of Dixie on The CWATX Festival Interview with Hart of Dixie Creator Leila Gerstein - Just two fangirls sitting in a bar | Hart of Dixie on The CW

And here are some tweets between Hannah and the interviewer
Quote:
@Umgirl19 10h

@Serrae That's what I thought. Not sure I can take another one of these interviews though. Did you really feel like she wasn't done w WZ?
Quote:
@Serrae

@Umgirl19 Yeah I really did. I feel like she is interested in Wade's journey to being the person he can be.

Last edited by Tracie76; 06-13-2013 at 04:21 AM