View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:14 AM
stefi62
Addicted Fan

I know it has been posted on Mayim's thread, but here are parts of an interview where she talks about the Shamy:

On where she hopes to see Amy and Sheldon’s relationship go next on The Big Bang Theory.
“I’d like to see them actually touching. They’ve touched only accidentally and briefly. I think that the virtual consummation of their relationship was really, really beautiful, and I think it showed how there’s not just one way to go about any relationship, but specifically Amy and Sheldon. Obviously I’m not a writer. I’m a performer, so whatever I’m asked to do is what I’m happy to do. But I love how slow and gentle this year was in terms of the development of Amy and Sheldon’s characters. That’s sort of the fun of our show—we don’t have to use every emotional plot every week, and there may be weeks into the next season that we touch on their relationship again. ”

On her favorite moment on the show so far.
“There are a lot of moments with Jim that are really special. The first time we cuddled, the world’s most awkward cuddle, was really special. A lot of what makes it special is the work that Jim and I get to do in the week trying to make things work when we’re not sure if they will, or when we don’t know how to make our characters intimate without being too intimate.”

I love it that she wants more touching for next year, so do I! And I love the part about Jim and her trying to make their characters intimate without being too intimate!

And this is from another interview posted in the news:

And then on the other side of the emotional spectrum, we saw Sheldon and Amy progress in their relationship too, even if it came through the magic of Dungeons & Dragons.

Parsons: Well, he's engaging with Amy at a sexual level but only through a medium he understands and is comfortable with. The only thing he's literally putting up for risk is what the roll of the dice says.

Bialik: It's the most explicit we've ever been. The fun thing about our characters is that they're both missing the filter for social propriety. It's sweet.

Parsons: It's funny for two characters who have such an odd way of talking to the rest of the world, they actually communicate a tremendous amount in their relationship. Especially this season, there are so many episodes where we are working things out and actually get to a resolution.

Helberg: Because there's no filter.

Bialik: That's right. (To Parsons) I pretend to be sick. You spank me.

Parsons: It's healthy in its own twisted way. We have a contract for god's sake! We know where we're coming from.

Bialik: Of these relationships, this is really "meet someone where they're at." Amy meets Sheldon exactly where he's at.

There are those who think she could do better.

Bialik: She thinks the sun rises and sets on this brilliant man.

Parsons: And she's right.

Helberg: They do share their love for Sheldon.