View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
starcrossedsoulmates
Loyal Fan

If any part of what the "exclusive sources" are saying is true, the information I keep seeing in the articles are the following:

1. "They had grown apart, so this wasn't a complete surprise, but they're still friends & talk everyday."

It sounds like they've taken things back to the basics & are trying to reconnect as friends without the pressure of a romantic relationship. I would think that might remind them of what attracted them to each other & what they love about each other in the first place, which would only strengthen their relationship in the long run.

2. "Ian wanted a more serious relationship than Nina is currently ready to commit to."

I know I've seen interviews & seen people talk about how Ian says he's not ready to be married yet, etc., but he could be ready to start talking about moving in that direction, & if Nina needs/wants more time before she's ready for that part of things, I think that's a good thing. How many couples do you know (both celebrity & real life) who jumped into being engaged or married, then realized after the fact they weren't ready?

3. "Nina wanted some time on her own."

Nina has always seemed very mature for her age, & I personally think having some time on her own might ultimately be a really healthy thing for their relationship. I think everyone goes through the process of figuring out who they are & what they really want out of life. Most of the people I know went through that in their early to mid 20's, which is Nina's current age. And it seems to be more effective if you're able to do that on your own. This kind of relates to what I said above...if Nina needs some time, by all means, let her have it. I would much rather see her take some time on her own now & figure stuff out & have Nian be endgame than see them potentially have a messy breakup or divorce in the future because she didn't do that.

The really positive parts are there doesn't seem to have been any animosity in their split, & there's not another person on either side (according to the articles). The rest of the stuff can be worked on & fixed. :-)