View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Belleislove
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Well Belle wouldn't have been okay with Gold using Schmee as a guinea pig in his experiments or punishing him by turning him into a rat. That's why he kept that a secret from her. There are certain things Gold does to bully others or get revenge and Belle is a very forgiving person to the point where she didnt want him to punish Regina at all for what she did. So yeah, Belle was accepting of Gold's magic...at least what he was willing to tell her. Just before she lost her memory, I think Rumple was starting to realize that he could be honest with her, but up until then they didnt exactly have an honest relationship. Hopefully this whole experience will help Belle realize that maybe she shouldn't be so forgiving and be more open to letting Rumple use his magic when he wants to.

And I guess I just disagree with those of you who think Gold is only putting on a show for Lacey. I think he is enjoying having her around and not having to be on his best behavior. But it is affecting him to the point where he snapped at his son and said some very cruel things when Lacey wasn't even around. I don't think Gold enjoying Lacey's company kills the Rumbelle relationship. I think she just represents those dark desires that he enjoys indulging and has had trouble giving up for the people he loves.

I respect your point of view. We all see things differently. I don't know if he's putting on a show. I think it was obvious it started out that way, but it's only been a few days and all we've seen is him leading her out of the bar and then talking to her in his shop. They haven't shown them kissing or whether they've had sex or anything like that. I don't like when the writers leave things open to interpretation or say things that don't show up on screen.

Yes, he did do things behind her back because he knew she wouldn't approve. To that extent, yeah, Lacey would be a temptation. I think he's been trying very hard to "be good." And it's worn on him. Belle was shot, lost her memory, wanted nothing to do with him, he found his son, who wanted nothing to do with him, he was almost killed, and now Belle has turned into a trashy stranger. So I cut him slack. But since it's only been going on a few days I don't think it's insurmountable for him and Belle because I haven't seen anything that says he on any level wants Belle to stay buried and wants to keep Lacey around for good. I think he is just temporarily being weak.

If there was something on screen that would match up with what Adam or Eddie have said and it was shown that he wanted to keep Lacey forever and loved her and not Belle then yeah, that would be pretty hard to overcome, imo, but I haven't seen that.
But I think Belle has accepted him and his magic. NO one would want the person they love hurting other people. I think he's like a little kid who is indulging in someone who spoils them and lets them have their way and do whatever they want, which is what Lacey is. But I don't think that's what he deep down wants or would want long term.

Quote:
But I think Belle will have a problem with it later when she reflects on everything. I could see the whole situation maybe making her insecure and wondering what Rumple really wants. Plus I'm sure at some point someone will tell Belle about Cora, a woman Rumple loved because of her darkness and bloodlust. I think that might be a source of drama/conflict for Rumbelle next season.
I don't know. I mean this was before Belle was even born. And she wasn't and isn't any kind of threat to her. So I don't know. You may be right. It may come up. But I can't imagine them even showing that he would love another woman over Belle. I guess if he has slept with Lacey, which we don't know yet, that would be a big issue and I wouldn't blame her for being upset about that, and yeah, I can see where she would feel like maybe he wanted Lacey, but it's gone on for such a short time and he is obviously wanting Belle back, as RC says, in the finale, that it's hard to believe that it would be all that big of an issue, but who knows? I'm sure they'll come up with some reason to keep them apart.