Master Fan

kudos to Monique for her taping report

Quote:
The Bon Voyage reaction

Story by: Steve Molaro, Steve Holland & Tara Hernandez
Teleplay by: Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds & Maria Ferrari

Scene 1:

The guys are in the cafeteria.

Raj mentions that the night before, he and Lucy did a video chat. He stared at her beautiful eyes for 20 minutes only to realize the screen was frozen.

Howard joins in to let Leonard know of Steve Hawking related expedition in the North Sea. A physicist dropped out so Howard suggested Leonard to Hawking.

Leonard is shocked by the news.

Howard: I talked you up. He knows your research.

Scene 2:

Leonard’s car. Sheldon is in the passenger seat. Sheldon begins his game of trying to discourage Leonard from going on this 4 month expedition. He speaks of drowning accidents that can occur at sea, etc. Leonard tells Sheldon that he’s only saying all these things because he’s afraid of being alone. Sheldon denies this and asks him another silly question:

Sheldon: who would win in a fight you or a shark?

Sheldon then brings up the fact that 4 months away from Penny could do damage to their relationship.

Scene 3

Raj’s Apartment. Lucy is with him.

Raj: if you look carefully at Venus, you can say the international space station pass by.
Lucy: wow, your friend was actually up there?
Raj: yeah, my friend went to space and all I got was this lousy tshirt.
Lucy: was the tshirt in space?
Raj: No, it’s as lousy as advertised.

Raj then mentions a going away party that is planned for Leonard and invites Lucy. Due to her social anxiety, she is hesitant. Raj then suggests that maybe she can “dip her toe in first” by just meeting only ONE of his friends to start with. Lucy agrees.

Scene 4:

Penny’s apartment. Leonard is there with her.

Penny: so then, during my afternoon shift, I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself.
Leonard: that’s awful.
Penny: not really, my shirt was soaking wet and I got the biggest tip of my life.

Leonard goes on to tell Penny about the North Sea expedition and how long he’d be away for. She was okay with it and told him she’d come visit. He reminded her that she can’t because he’ll be on a ship in the North Sea.

Penny: on a ship???? Aren’t they afraid Hawking will just roll over board????

Leonard told Penny that Steven Hawking won’t actually be on the ship with them. He’s only sending a team to research his theory.

He also tells Penny that he is worried about leaving when things are going so well in their relationship right now and that he wouldn’t wanna screw things up.

Penny: sweetie, the only way you would screw things up is when you’re here, not when you’re away on a ship.

Leonard tells Penny that Sheldon is nervous about him leaving and could she look after him a bit.

Penny: I don’t know, remember when you asked me to take care of your goldfish??
Leonard: it’s okay, you can flush Sheldon and get me a new one.

Scene 5:

Leonard & Sheldon’s apartment.

Leonard: really, you guys to have to give me a going away party….

Of course, they all insist. Raj then mentions the Lucy situation and how he’d like to have her meet one of them to start off with since she has anxiety. He suggests Leonard to be the fist person Lucy meets. Leonard is flatter and Howard gets jealous. “Aren’t I your best friend??” Raj mentions that Howards, “Woody Allen Swagger” may intimidate her. Howard nods in agreement. Penny then suggests, “well, what if she meets a girl first?” Raj likes the idea and turns and asks Bernadette. Penny says, “heyyyy!” and Raj explains that he beauty may intimidate/scare her. Penny nods in agreement and Bernie gets offended, “What, am I not scary enough?” Howard replies, “Calm down…you are very scary.

At one point, Amy decides that she would be best suited to meet Lucy first because she too was once an outsider and everyone took her in and treated her like family.

Scene 6:

Raj’s apartment. Amy, Lucy & Raj are together for dinner.

Amy *to Lucy*: so after I started dating Sheldon, I met Leonard and they’ve all been so wonderful to me….maybe next week we can all get together.

Raj *to Lucy* : you don’t have to answer that…*to Amy*don’t put her on the spot…*to Lucy* tell her you don’t like being put on the spot!

Lucy: *nervous* I have to go to the bathroom….
Raj *to Amy*: we might as well go ahead and eat, she’s not coming out any time soon.

Scene 7:

Penny & Sheldon are in the grocery store.

Sheldon is complaining that they should be shopping in an actual party store, not a grocery store.
Sheldon: they don’t even have a party section.
Penny: yes, they do, here it is! *pulls two bottles of alcohol off the shelf*
Sheldon: I don’t understand why you of all people are encouraging him to do this.

Sheldon goes on to list another excuse to try to get Penny to see things his way but fails.

Penny: Oh, my gosh. Sheldon, the genius, is jealous of Leonard.
Sheldon: I am not jealous! I am just unhappy that a good thing is happening to him and not me.

Penny then tells Sheldon a “story” about a girl who works at The Cheesecake Factory (she was pretending it wasn’t about her) who was competing with another girl to win the part of a toothpaste commercial. The other girl got the part and the moral of the story is, the girl who didn’t get the part had to be a good friend and tell her, “good job” (or whatever, I forgot how it went).

Sheldon: so they lie so they don’t look petty? How do I do it?
Penny *showing Sheldon her acting skills*: I am so happy for you *fake smile*
Sheldon: no wonder you didn’t get the toothpaste commercial.

Scene 8:

Raj’s apartment. Video chat with Lucy.

Raj: I want to apologize for last night. Amy was out of line.

Lucy *still through video chat, eyes widen and she is still, which gives the illusion that the screen froze again*

Raj: are you not talking to me or is the screen frozen again?

Lucy: Amy wasn‘t the problem…it was you.
Raj: You’re right, I pushed too hard, I’m sorry.

Raj then brings up Leonards Farewell party asks if she wants to go.

Lucy *scared*: a party???

Raj then tells her that is she wears brown and just sits on the couch, no one will notice she is there.

Lucy: well, okay…
Raj: great! They are like family to me…unless of course you don’t like them, in which case they are dead to me.

Scene 9:

Sheldon & Leonards Apartment.

Party day. Everyone is all dressed up. Bernie walks up to Leonard in the kitchen.

Bernie: so, you ever spend a long time on a boat before?
Leonard: yes.
Bernie: you mean that time you got stuck on It’s A Small World ride at Disneyland?
Leonard: yes.

Howard walks over: I’m really proud of you, Leonard.

He then tries to compare Leonard’s upcoming expedition to his time in space.

Leonard: it’s not a competition, Howard. As far as science goes, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
Howard: you’re right. I’m gonna miss you. *starts walking away and then pauses* Space beats water!

Amy *to Raj sitting on the couch* I thought Lucy was coming.
Raj: She is. You know how girls are, getting their hair ready, etc…(he says something like, can we drop it or get off my case…I forgot)

Sheldon: can I have everyone’s attention please??? *turns down music and obnoxiously clinks glass after everyone is already quiet* I’d like to propose a toast to my dear friend, Leonard.

He says one of his usual one liners with a fake smile on the end.

Leonard: thank you, Sheldon. That must have been very hard for you.
Sheldon: I mean it *another fake smile*
Howard *to Sheldon*: that was really nice of you to try to be nice for Leonard.
Sheldon: thank you.
Howard: must have KILLED you when I went to space.
*Sheldon looks at him like he’s nuts*

Suddenly, Raj receives a text message from Lucy and says, “Oh, nooo”

Howard: buddy, you okay?
Raj: just read it…*hands over his phone*

Lucy explains in the text that this is all too much for her and that she doesn’t think she and Raj should see each other any more.

Raj walks towards the bathroom very upset. Everyone says, “I’m sorry…” before he leaves the room

Sheldon *to Howard*: it did NOT kill me when you went to space. MONKEYS go to space!

Scene 10:

Penny’s car. She & Sheldon are dropping off Leonard at the airport.

Penny: well, here we are…
Leonard: I know, I’m really gonna miss you.
Sheldon: we’re parked in the red zone, we really shouldn’t be here!
Penny: you have your inhalers, (something else she mentioned)?
Leonard: Yes.
Penny: I love you.
Leonard: I love you too.

The both start kissing and Sheldon is still being paranoid about where Penny is parked.

Sheldon: there’s a cop! *yells out the window* They just love each other! We’re not smuggling drugs!

Scene 11:

Penny goes to visit Raj at his place after the airport.

Penny: Raj, are you in there?
Raj: just a moment. *Opens the door*
Penny: I just got back from the airport and I wanted to see how you were doing.
Raj: that is very kind of you…come in…
Penny: I can’t stay long. I left Sheldon in the car with the window cracked open and he’ll go through that activity book in 30 seconds. Are you okay???
Raj *teary eyed*: No.

Penny sits down next to him to comfort him. He starts to cry.

Raj: why can’t I ever find love?? It’s my fault. I found a woman who is right for me and I drove her away.
Penny: that’s just the booze talking *her arms are around him*
Raj: no, I haven’t had booze since last night.

They both FREEZE and look at each other.

Penny: Raj! You’ve been talking to me.
Raj: I have!…and now I’m crying for a whole different reason.

Scene 12 (The Tag):

Penny’s apartment. The three girls are standing behind the counter drinking wine while Raj sticks with water only and he is talking their heads off. LOL.

Amy: does he ever stop talking???

All the girls have disturbed looks on their faces like they want to run away so badly because he just keeps talking and talking. LOL.

THE END

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 04-17-2013 at 04:41 AM