View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 AM
crazy_diamond
Fan Forum Legend

Keeley is busy

Quote:
Line Of Duty, which was BBC Two’s biggest new drama series for 10 years (averaging 4.2 million viewers), returns for a second run. Written by Jed Mercurio and produced by World Productions, series two features a new police corruption story told over six one-hour episodes.

The series opens explosively with the ambush of a police convoy in which three police officers are killed and a protected witness seriously injured. The sole surviving police officer is Detective Inspector Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes). Deputy Chief Constable Mike Dryden (Robert Lindsay) takes personal charge, assigning AC-12 to the case. Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott (Martin Compston), Detective Constable Kate Fleming (Vicky McClure) and Superintendent Ted Hastings (Adrian Dunbar) are joined by newly appointed Detective Constable Georgia Trotman (Jessica Raine) to investigate a complex case rich in unexpected twists and turns. Initially AC-12’s most valuable witness, the suspicion soon arises that DI Denton could be their prime suspect.

Keeley Hawes says: “I’m thrilled to be joining the cast of Line Of Duty and after reading Jed's incredible scripts I can't wait to take my character, DI Lindsay Denton, on the epic journey he has created for her. I loved the first series so it’s a real pleasure to be part of series two and working alongside such talented actors like Vicky McClure, Martin Compston and Robert Lindsay.”

Jed Mercurio, writer and Executive Producer, says: "I was thrilled by the success of series one, and I'm hugely grateful for the opportunity to create another six hours of twists and turns as our returning investigators delve into a brand-new story of police corruption."

Simon Heath, Executive Producer, World Productions, says: “We’re delighted to be expanding the world of Line Of Duty to include three such terrific actors in a brand new anti-corruption investigation.”

Janice Hadlow, Controller of BBC Two, says: “Drama on BBC Two continues to enjoy an incredible resurgence and I’m delighted that Line Of Duty, one of the channel’s biggest hits last year, is returning, attracting a stellar cast to what promises to be another riveting thriller from Jed Mercurio.”

Line Of Duty was re-commissioned by Janice Hadlow, Controller of BBC Two, and Ben Stephenson, Controller of BBC Drama Commissioning. The executive producers are Jed Mercurio (Bodies, Cardiac Arrest) and Simon Heath (The Fear, The Bletchley Circle, United) for World Productions, and Stephen Wright for BBC Northern Ireland.

Filming starts in Belfast later this month. The producer is Peter Norris (Nylon, Between The Lines) and the directors are Douglas Mackinnon (Doctor Who, Line Of Duty) for block one and Daniel Nettheim (The Hunter, Rush) for block two.
source