View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 AM
xmarisolx
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I love how we all volunteered Mari! That's what happens when you aten't around to confirm or deny yourself.
EXACTLY! I woke up this morning after pretty much not being online at all yesterday (family emergency). So I check in on the board and this is the first post I see. I'm like "WHA?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
What I'm waiting for is the bone shattering impact where he can not deny how far he's fallen. Instead it's like watching him bounce, as if he's trying to get back on that high horse, coming back down, repeat.
I tend to be pretty verbose, but it's not for nothing that they say "brevity is the soul of wit," and, my dear, that is probably the best way I've ever seen of expressing what watching Sheldon has been like this season. Watching him get down and then fight his way back on the high horse has been in turns thrilling and exasperating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
So, I would expect to see Sheldon, once he's clear on how he feels and what he wants and has manned up to that, suddenly changing in a snap as if it had always been true all along. Another example is that when he saw Kripke's work was better than his he was devastated, but he didn't try to deny it. He cried over it, but the next day he actually invited Kripke to insult him and use small words - that was humility. He's capable of it, surprisingly, and I think the same will be with his relationship with Amy. Once he gets his mind around the truth, and overcomes some hurdles, he's going to have a plan of action which i think will surprise everyone.
Agreed. Sheldon is very forgiving of himself. When most people would agonize over eating humble pie and the horror of playing their past words back to themselves, he's just like, "That's what I used to think. This is how I think now. Keep up!" He goes with his gut without giving the collateral damage a lot of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Alright, alright. So, I will watch seasons 1 - 3 on DVD and I'll find places we can, perhaps, slip in Amy. And I'll make a list, or I'll drabble it. Then I'll send it to Rae, and Rae has to expand on it, or rewrite it, or edit it. And then she sends it to Mari, who has to do the same? Or I will make a list of 9 places, 3 in each season, where we can slip in Amy. And we either write 1 from each season, or we write them all and then decide which ones we like best?

Seems perplexing. Maybe. Anyone else want in on this game?
Stop me if you've heard this one, but years ago in the Smallville fandom, this really popular fic writer wrote a fic called "Five Things That Aren't True" and it started the "five things..." fanfic trope. I think this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of a time to use that trope. I propose, "Five Times Amy and Sheldon Didn't Meet." If only Lio, Rae and I are up for it, we can also do a "Three things..." fic, which is also common. Actually, I'm flexible on the number; this is fandom after all. We could do six, and each double up or something. Anyway, we each write a chapter. Get it beta'd! (Captain Riterra Smith has already signed up for that). Set a due date. Done. Then we post it to AO3 were fics written my multiple fic writers are allowed.

This is just an idea, but it seems doable. Lemme know.

Icon taken from Off Duty by ~MrsSpock

Last edited by xmarisolx; 04-12-2013 at 06:12 AM