View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Lionne
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Er...If I promise to do that can I save someone from sacrificing their soul? It might be worth the effort of writing.
Same here. No need for anyone to go about sacrificing their souls, here. Rae and I may differ dramatically on the ways to execute spirituality and religion and all that, but we firmly agree on the importance of keeping your soul, you know, yours.

I hold very few things sacred, but that's one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Just as long as you include the disclaimer "No souls were sacrificed in the making of this fic" in your Author's Notes.
My new copyright disclaimer!

Who is first to fan fic?!

So, Rae, is the race on? Mari, you want in on this? Nicole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
What I'm waiting for is the bone shattering impact where he can not deny how far he's fallen. Instead it's like watching him bounce, as if he's trying to get back on that high horse, coming back down, repeat.

I'd be happy to see Lionne take LostInTheSun's soul. I'd do it myself if I could write.
I have mixed feelings about rewriting the canon itself. What I like to write lies outside of the canon. But I will take the excuse to rewatch seasons 1 - 3 and see precisely where I can slip in some chance encounters that leave Sheldon's head doing a double take. I know I've fantasized them a few times myself, pretty sure I could remember them if I rewatch.

As for Sheldon bouncing - to be honest, Sheldon is very quick on the uptake. He's a strange mix of total denial and total acceptance sometimes. It's like he can deny like a champion right up to the point where he can't, and then he shifts gears and changes tacts like a pro race car driver, right on a dime. For instance, "Yes, we cuddled. Grow up, Leonard." I mean, once Sheldon gets a certain idea in his head and knows what he wants, he does not pause, does not pass Go, does not collect $100. He was distressed when Amy was dating Stuart, and once he went home and figured out what "strap on a pair" meant, he tracked Amy down at that movie theater like a bloodhound and told her that he wanted to change the paradigm of the relationship. He figured out what he wanted, and then wasted no time at all going after it, and he had that Relationship Agreement ready to go before she even got home. That's the way Sheldon works - a year and a half of "she's not my girlfriend" to "will you be my girlfriend," a change that happened the minute he accepted that's what he wanted.

So, I would expect to see Sheldon, once he's clear on how he feels and what he wants and has manned up to that, suddenly changing in a snap as if it had always been true all along. Another example is that when he saw Kripke's work was better than his he was devastated, but he didn't try to deny it. He cried over it, but the next day he actually invited Kripke to insult him and use small words - that was humility. He's capable of it, surprisingly, and I think the same will be with his relationship with Amy. Once he gets his mind around the truth, and overcomes some hurdles, he's going to have a plan of action which i think will surprise everyone.

Last edited by Lionne; 04-11-2013 at 03:41 PM