View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 AM
severalmiles
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
I loved the domestic dynamic we saw between them last night. One of the things that drew me to the show was that I read the show runner specifically said that Sherlock/Watson will not be a will they won't they.

I honestly can't remember the last tv show that I've watched where that hasn't been hinted at or was the inevitable planned trajectory for a female and male character working alongside one another.

That is not to say I don't love those shows because I love Castle and wouldn't have it any other way! but I actually think I enjoy watching Sherlock/Joan a lot more because there isn't that romantic element. I think what Elementary is doing right now by not having the leads romantically entangled is actually pretty ground breaking in television
this ep was great for showing the Sherlock/Joan dynamic i love it when they bicker, whether it is about housework etc and it is great that there is not a romantic element attached to that, they have great chemistry but i think it works a lot better with them as friends.

Also Sherlock isn't exactly... normal and it would probably be too out of character for him to start romancing Joan, atleast not for awhile yet