View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:05 PM
bigbangsheldon
Obsessed Fan

The taping report from Cathi!!!!

Quote:
"The Closure Alternative"

The first scene opens with Sheldon complaining that Penny has been saving shows on the boys' DVR. Leonard tells Sheldon to delete some of the programs he's already seen, for instance, "ALPHAS" from the SyFy channel. Sheldon points out that ALPHAS first season ended with a cliffhanger and then was cancelled. He's very upset that he doesn't know how the story ends.

Sheldon: "Firefly had a movie. Buffy went on to do comic books. Heroes just lowered their quality so much that nobody cared."

Second scene, Leonard is knocking on Penny's door. When she answers, he has the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD and is eager to share it with her because he loves it so much and is sure she will too.

Sheldon: "I had the greatest idea - it's even better than my idea for a Star Wars-themed bar called "Brewbacca's."

"Leonard - it's 6:30 in the morning." Penny shuts door on Leonard.

Next scene, in Raj's office. He has found Lucy's blog on the Internet and reads what she wrote about him. She used the expression "a little bit feminine" to describe him and he's upset. Howard comes by to get Raj for lunch, and tells him that he should use Lucy's blog to his advantage, to "get into her pants."

Raj: "Why must you make everything so filthy? This blog is 'the key to her heart'! And I'm quoting a man who knows a thing or two about women...Sir Elton John!"

Now I think I may have this scene out of order, but time for some SHAMY!!

Scene opens with Sheldon calling the SyFy channel and identifying himself as the VP of Programming.

"Transfer me to whoever is responsible for cancelling ALPHAS. And I don't want to answer a lot of questions about whether I'm who I say I am."

(Sheldon later calls the writer of the Alphas finale to ask him how he would have ended it. On hearing the story, he tells the writer, "That's terrible. No wonder you got cancelled.")

Amy is trying to help Sheldon with what she calls his "compulsive need for closure."

"I don't know if I'd call it compulsive!" Amy does the "shave and a haircut" knock on the table; Sheldon is unable to leave it, and has to give the last two knocks to finish the set ("two bits")

"That doesn't prove anything."

Amy has brought several items in a big bag. First she sets up the whiteboard and draws a tic-tac-toe grid on it and put her *X* in the bottom left corner.

Sheldon: "Oh Amy..." (they play out the game...to a point...) "tic tac toe is a game that can only end in a win, lose, or draw...and I'M about to WIN."

Amy quickly erases the game before he can complete it with his winning "X."

Sheldon: "You don't know what it's like to feel so frustrated, like your desire will never be fulfilled." Amy looks at him for a long while - you can imagine Mayim's facial expressions, I know. The first take, she said, "Yeah, that must suck." The second take, she replied,

"Sometimes I sit on the washing machine. But I don't think that will work for you."
(to be continued later)

Scene: Leonard and Penny have just finished the first episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. We can hear the closing theme music. Leonard is all excited. Penny just looks a bit bored and confused.

Leonard: "Did you love it? Of course you loved it. How could you not love it? So how MUCH did you love it?"

Penny" "It was cute."

Leonard: "Oh don't say cute! Cute makes it sound small. It diminishes it."

Penny: "Shall I stop calling your little tushie cute?"

Leonard: "You could, but nobody would believe you."

Penny: "Well, let's watch another one. It kind of reminds me of my high school, except instead of vampires, we had Methheads. They both come out at night and have bad teeth."

Back to SHAMY :-)

Several short (pre-taped) scenes are shown of ways that Amy is testing Sheldon's need to complete everything:

Candles on a birthday cake - as Sheldon blows them out, Amy covers the last one with a plate so he can't get it. Sheldon sets up a huge domino puzzle (the kind where you can knock them down in order by pushing over the first one). But Amy makes him pick them up and put them away without doing that last part!

Scene: Penny and Bernadette have just watched BUFFY together. Bernadette tells Penny that the show has all the right things, comedy, horror, action.

Bernadette: "You do understand that instead of monsters chasing a pretty girl, this is a pretty girl chasing monsters."

Penny (slightly drunk): "Yeah, it's backwards. I get it."

Penny talks about how she wants to be as passionate about something as Leonard is about Buffy. Bernadette tells Penny that they will find something she can be passionate about.

Bernadette: "I'm passionate about science. When I was little and got my own microscope, I was so Amazed at all the little microcosms of life on that tiny slide. I COULD WIPE THEM ALL OUT WITH ONE SLIP OF MY THUMB!" Bernadette has a maniacal look on her face.

Scene: Raj and Lucy are having dinner in Raj's apartment. Raj is wearing a LA KINGS hockey jersey and swilling beer. He has served frozen burritos and pork rinds for dinner!

Lucy: "So you like hockey?" "Oh yes, I love it." "My dad loves hockey too; we watched it all the time while we were growing up. So who's your favorite player?"

Raj: (Hesitating as the audience laughs, knowing he can't answer) "Well...not Brian Boitano, I'll tell you that!" (The original line was "Not Michael Jordon.")

Lucy: "My burrito is still kind of cold in the middle."

Raj: "Maybe I didn't cook it long enough. No wrapper is going to tell ME what to do!" In a second take, he added, "Unless it's Jay-Z!"

Lucy gets up to leave (obviously upset). Raj breaks down and tells Lucy that he saw her blog after much searching on the Internet: "That Yelp review you wrote for that yarn shop was BRUTAL!" He tells her that he wanted to seem more manly, since she referred to him as feminine.

Lucy: "I didn't say feminine was a bad thing. I meant you're kind, and funny, and compassionate."

Lucy: "So do you really like hockey?"
Raj: "Oh no. I got the jersey at Staples Center when I went to see Taylor Swift."

They hug and she sits back down.

Scene: Penny and Leonard are having dinner in Penny's apartment. Penny tells Leonard about her search for passion. She talks about how she's sure she'll still be a star one day because a psychic at a bachelorette party told her so.

"But then I realized: I'm passionate about you. I love you, and Sheldon, and all my new friends. I have a great life."

(The audience kept going "awwww" over this line until Johnny turned his head and said, "Ah cut it out..." The audience was told NOT to AWWWW on the next take!)

Incidentally, this scene had the most retakes. On the second one, Kaley actually got choked up as she read the line and they had to stop the take. "Why am I crying?" we can hear Kaley ask rhetorically. "It's not even the finale!"

Final closing scene features SHAMY! The dominoes are back in pattern on the floor. Sheldon is determined to show Amy that she, too, requires closure. As he walks her to the door when she's leaving, he starts to tell her something about what a great girlfriend she is, and...he closes the door on her, leans against it, and says to himself, "And I wish you were dead." *** THERE WAS A RESHOT WHERE SHELDON SAYS "SUCKER" INSTEAD.

Then he tips the dominoes over like he wanted to. HILARIOUSLY, Jim Parsons, as he watches the dominoes fall, makes noises one would normally associate with a different kind of passion, and when the last domino falls, he rolls onto his back and makes a satisfied sound and face.

Okay, that's the best I can do - I was taking notes in the dark, lol. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it wasn't too disjointed for you!!

Last edited by bigbangsheldon; 03-21-2013 at 11:02 AM