View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Conway1
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfell (View Post)
You haven't seen Lord of the Rings Trilogy! Sacrilege! I saw it like 100 times. And I have also seen Hobbit 14 times. For now. What can I do, I am an epic fantasy, criminal and sci-fi genre geek.

He was Lord Denethor, the Steward of Gondor. He had two sons, Boromir and Faramir, but he loved Boromir more. When Boromir died in a battle he was so consumed with grief that he didn't even care about his second son who was gravely wounded.
There was a Seer's Stone, Palantir in his castle and he saw the doom of his city in it and went completely crazy... When Gondor was attacked by the forces of evil he decided to burn himself and his wounded son Faramir on a pyre. Luckily, wizard Gandalf ran inside and managed to save Faramir, but Denethor was already burning and he died flinging himself off of the highest tower of Gondor, like a human torch. Pretty batty.

And John Noble admitted he didn't even read the books. Which I also read so many times that I almost know them by heart. Great acting from his part, though.

Pippin's song

Denethor mourns the loss of his son Boromir

Denethor's death (Wicked cool scene!)
Nobody eats like Denethor!