View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)
Heather: You made a good point. If Regina wasn´t one of the main characters they would probably only mention her name. I don´t see why they are putting Regina all in the back. Rumpel created the curse but the only reason why Regina has enacted the curse is because she wanted to be happy. That´s even the reason why they are in SB. Let´s face it, if only one character could be the main one, it would be Regina.
It's been a trend since S1, for Regina to be the fall guy in ANYTHING Regina and Gold conspire to do together. Case in point: Kathryn's abduction. He not only made a deal with Regina and twisted the terms {people like to give him credit because he did't actually kill her but in my eyes that doesn't make him necessarily better}, but he came up with the WHOLE scenario for Regina in the first place because he wanted her to get his assault charges dropped, LOL. Yet, when it all fell apart, like I'm guessing he expected it to, or maybe helped to push things in that direction, it's Regina that takes all the heat.

Heck, even when Gold is made known to be responsible for things, like having created the curse and creating the Savior for it, the other characters still don't treat it seriously. Instead, they focus all their energy and anger into the one who enacted the curse, not stopping to think and ask questions that make sense, for instance ... 'Geez, does this make Regina a pawn in the game as well?'

Quote:
I may be wrong but right now, it seems to me like the writers have make promises that they can´t keep or even worst, they have change their minds.
It wouldn't surprise me. That's why I NEVER take anything writers say at face value, not ever. I've learnt my lesson with that.

Quote:
They are keeping Henry away from Regina and now instead of reuniting them again, they are going to add a new person to keep them apart. Don´t get me wrong, i like Neal but i´m afraid of what his arrival will do in the whole Regina/Henry .
I'm getting so frustrated and to the point where I want Henry out of Regina's storylines completely. I want some new character blood for her because I'm sick of the 'round robin' game that is ... HENRY. It's not like Henry is written to care anymore so, I'm almost rooting for her to free herself from this mess and move on. Heck, with her efforts to change, I'm sure she can adopt again and there are plenty of homeless and parentless children out there in need of a home. Maybe it'll do her some good to create some family ties that don't ultimately tie back into FTL.

It doesn't take brain science to know that Neal and Regina will clash over Henry. And since Neal is likely Bae, Mr. Gold now has the 'Henry card' to play over Regina's head and I don't like that either.

Quote:
I feel bad for saying this because i love both but i guess i was right. They are taking away from Regina to give to Gold. Gold has Belle´s love and now he will have Bae. Regina didn´t love anyone after Daniel and now even Henry was taken away from her so, no the writers can´t say that they are giving both characters a happy ending.
Don't feel bad because I've always liked the Gold|Regina dynamic, since S1, and aside from Regina's flashbacks, Rumple's are normally my second favorite in the most interesting department. But I do take issues with the writing of double standards when it comes to their respective characters. That is what I'm taking issue with.

Quote:
They have said a long time ago that not all the characters will have a happy ending. I guess they have chose to give Gold a happy ending and not to Regina .
Well, if that turns out to be the case, they can kiss a good portion of their Evil Regal fanbase good-bye, I guarantee it, myself included. I won't waste investing my time then because Regina is now the main reason I watch the show and it's because of her acting and her story from the first part of the season. I know other fandoms are popular too in OUAT but Gold AND Regina are among the two fan favorites and if they risk isolating one's arc in complete favor of the other, viewers will leave. That's just a fact, too many people are already saying that this 'tragic writing' nonsense is already overkill when it comes to Regina. I know the ratings have been declining recently for other reasons but I honestly don't think it's just because of grammy's and football etc. I think there is a declining interest due to the writing direction this season as well.

Quote:
I think it´s funny because now that Regina is "working" with Cora some fans are like "Yeah, i knew it, Regina is evil". But i guess those fans didn´t stop to think that the writers are the ones to blame for. They are taking away everything from Regina so, it doesn´t surprises me to see her in evil mode again.

Yeah, my english fails me sometimes so, i guess "foster parent" wasn´t the word i wanted .
I think there are viewers who just never believed in the Regina redemption arc to begin with so, whatever Regina does they'll find fault with. Whatever - I know what I was seeing and I can go back and quote my own interpretative examples on how I know she was changing. What 'changed' now - is writing direction, not Regina. They've rushed this in favor of the Neal=Bae reveal, I just have that feeling about it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.