View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Lennie1984
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
It comes down to feeling threatened, and personal preference. It's not only human nature, it's fandom nature.

Oddly though, I don't feel like Neal is a threat to CS. Not at this point, anyway (and it's not entirely because I believe they're going to kill him off this season.) I know that the writers are going to re-introduce romance between them, I think that's obvious, and necessary for Emma to have closure on that chapter of her life. But from everything I've seen so far, Killian (and not the 'Hook' variation of Killian) is clearly the better option for her character. That's not to say that 17/18 year old Emma didn't love Neal - she did. But her experiences with him, and since him, changed her into the person she is now. She's strong-willed but needs an equally strong partner; she's tough as nails but needs an equally tough shoulder to cry on and support her. Neal may well be a different person now as well, but according to that promo - - he's sneaking down fire escapes to avoid confrontation. He's still running away, rather than facing things head-on. That's not a strong, tough persona; that's weakness.

Personally, I don't want that for Emma, and I hope the writers don't have her choose that for herself. She can fight the attraction & connection with Hook all she wants - - that doesn't mean it's gonna just up & disappear.
I agree with this - also even at this point i dont see Neal as a threat, but it depends on how the writers will write for him now and his scenes with Emma, but still i dont see that special thing that i am suppose to feel for Neal or even Neal-Emma love

To me it seems Neal has ran away his whole life, and is still doing that... nothing about Neal-Emma wants me to root for them or feel like they have true love or real love, if all Neal is doing is running, he was running when he was with Emma, when he left coz really he choice himself in that situation coz he couldnt face his own issue with the other world, and left Emma knowing full well where she is and will be.... and knew who she was and what she had to do, didnt even wait to tell her about her life etc

Neal has not chosen Emma once!!!!!!

I dont deny that Emma loved him... she did, but this is not the kind of love i want for her....... !

Now for Hook, he is a man that will fight with all his strength, he might not have magic, but he is quick, clever, strong and resourceful... and even with the matters of the heart, he is the better and best match for Emma

Quote:
At this point, Cora is the only character I'd call Pure Evil.
Only Regina and Rumpel and Cora are THE villians IMO, Cora more so coz she is as you say Pure Evil

But all 3 of them spitefully use any reason and magic coz they can without feeling any remorse or emotion
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones