View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 AM
rubyanjel
Addicted Fan

Lol, what came over Sheldon to do what Amy just said literally in that moment? Like, was he hypnotized or something?

Lol, Jim on the floorboard yawning. I guess that's gonna be my happy thought for the week.

Credits to Kyzzx. Thank you! <3
Quote:
The Monster Isolation

Raj is sitting in an empty coffee shop with potential love interest, Lucy. He is talking about himself and where he has studied and that he is an astrophysicist. He stops talking and asks her to talk about herself. She says, "I have to go to the bathroom." and gets up and he says, "I go to the bathroom, too! More frequently than I'd care to admit... but I got it checked out. It's nothing." She excuses herself and he's smiling because he thinks the date is going super well. As he's saying this to himself, you see Lucy outside, walking away.

Sheldon is in his apartment sitting on the couch in front of his "Fun With Flags" whiteboard. You hear the classic (can I call it that now?), "Hello. I'm Dr. Sheldon Cooper. This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper presents: Fun with Flags. I'm sorry this is going up so late. I did tape an episode last week, but my roommate said that my portrayal of George Washington Carver was so spot-on that it was inherently racist." He goes on to say it's a very special episode because his guest 'star' is someone who's his friend, neighbor, and flag virgin - "But not real virgin. She's had coitus many times. Penny." and she sits down and says hello to the camera. He asks her if she's ready to learn about flags and she says, "Oh, yeah, you know I can't tell you how many times I've been at a party and people start talking about flags and I just can't join in." and he says, "Well, you've come to the right place."

Penny asks if he can pause the camera for a second and he does. She mentions that in her acting class they've been learning a lot about body language and she asks if she can give him some suggestions. She says when he's hunched over, he's shutting the audience out. Sitting up straight with your chest out invites the audience in. He says, "Ohhh, right. Which one do I want?" and she replies, "Let's try open."
They start again, and he leans back VERY awkardly on the couch (this is something done in such a fashion that you're just gonna have to wait until you see it to understand - it's up there with the, "there, there, Sheldon's here" in Adhesive Duck). She says, "Um, well, I'm from Nebraska. What can you tell me about the state flag?" He holds up Nebraska's flag and says, "Nebraska's flag is a blue flag with the state seal on it." There's a pause and a silence, and as he's holding up the flag for the camera, he spreads his legs so you just get this open view of his crotch, LOL.
Penny is just staring at the camera and Sheldon says, "Come on, Penny, open your legs. Invite them in." LOLOLOLOL.

The next day, Sheldon is video chatting with Amy, who is at work in the lab working with her monkeys whilst on their nicotine addiction study schedule. They have them down to 1 cigarette a day. You hear crazy monkey sounds in the background and Amy periodically yells back at the monkey. He mentions that the new episode of Fun with Flags is up, and he mentions that Penny helped him a lot with his body language and he shows Amy by putting his arms in the air. She says it's impressive and that he should go over and tell Penny that she did a nice job. He agrees and goes over as Amy is yelling at him through the screen saying, "NO! NOT RIGHT NOW! COME BACK!"

As he's about to knock on the door, Penny opens it. She says hi and asks what's wrong. He's like, "Um..." and she says, "Do I need to shut the door so you can do your knocking thing?" and he says, "Um... no, I didn't start, so it's okay." and she asks what's up. He says, "I just wanted to let you know-" (he taps the open door) *knock knock knock* "Penny. That the answer to the person that did a good job-" *knock knock knock* "Penny. Was you." *knock knock knock* "Penny."
She says, "Wait, really?" and he replies, "Well, yes. I found your suggestions very helpful." and she says, "Aw, sweetie. You just made my day."
He looks at her and cutely says, "Okay." and quickly turns around to walk back to his apartment. Penny says, "You know, my acting class is putting on a play on Friday night. If you want I can put you and Amy on the guest list!"
He says, "Oh, that sounds terrible, why would I want to do that?" and sits back down in his chair and tells Amy that he dodged a bullet for them.
Amy says it's not cool and that he needs to go apologize and tell her that they'll go to the play (as she's still fighting with the monkey).

He gets back up and goes over and knocks three times. "Much better." She answers the door and he says he'll go to the play. She says she doesn't even want him to go now, even though he's saying he's obligated. She says he should go because he wants to, not because he has to. So he says, "What if I want to have to?" and this goes on for a moment. She eventually tells him to just go and he says, "Well I don't WANT to, but at least that makes sense."

Bernadette, Howard, and Leonard are standing outside Raj's apartment door. They yell inside and he yells back. Howard is surprised he's alive. Raj is like, "Just because I stopped going to work and answering my phone, you think something bad happened?! What if something good happened?"
Bernadette asks, "Did something good happen?" and he says, "NO! Are you kidding? NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS TO ME."
He opens the door and his hair is a mess, he hasn't shaved, is wearing a white shirt with holes and stains (very Queen Penelope playing Conan the Barbarian style) and Leonard is like, "Woah."

Raj explains that this girl ditched him on their date and he vows to never leave the apartment again, while mentioning he was able to order live lobsters on Amazon. Raj goes into his room and the other three leave to go to Red Lobster.

Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard are at the comic book store and Sheldon asks if Raj is still a part of their social circle because he hasn't seen him in days and he says, "If not, should we be interviewing to find a replacement for him?" followed by EITHER, "Like an ad on Craigslist India." or, "This time we should try for Latin."

Lucy walks in and asks Stuart if he remembers her from the other night. He says, "Oh, yeah, you left with Raj, and Howard says, "So you're the one! Let me tell you something, that guy is my best friend, and he's devastated." She says sorry and hands him a note and asks him if he can deliver it. She walks away awkwardly.

Howard goes back to Raj's apartment and now Raj is just in his underwear and a plastic bib because he's eating lobster with his bare hands in his messy livingroom. Howard begs him to put pants on by suggesting they have a pants party. Raj says he wants nothing to do with Lucy and that he's going to become a monk. He tells Howard to leave and to take Lucy's number with him because he doesn't want to be tempted. Howard thanks Raj for ruining the idea of lobster for him and walks out.

As Howard is walking to his scooter or just walking home on the street, you hear Raj running to catch him, wearing nothing but his grandma underwear and his plastic bib. He says he wants the number so Howard gives it to him and Raj walks back confidently.

Amy, Leonard, and Sheldon are in the apartment getting ready to go to Penny's play. Leonard asks Sheldon to empty his pockets. He says, "The Nintendo DS." Sheldon pulls out a DS from his pocket. "And the PSP." He pulls out a PSP. "Now the Gameboy." and Sheldon's like, "Aw, drat!" and hands it to him. Leonard asks, "Anything else?" and Sheldon stands facing away from the camera and you can tell he's reaching down his pants. He pulls out a Rubik's Cube. Leonard's face encompasses not only horror but confusion. He says, "Just set it down."
Someone mentions the name of the play (A Streetcar Named Desire) and Sheldon says, "It's about streetcars?! Well, I'm not gonna need this." and he pulls out an oversized Etch-a-Sketch and hands it to Leonard and walks out the door. They all leave.

Then they're at the play and Penny is doing VERY well. Like, Kaley did amazing. All Amy, Sheldon, and Leonard can do is comment on how remarkable she is. Genuine compliments from all.

Around this time, Lucy is showing up at Raj's apartment because we assume he called her. He answers and she says sorry about leaving him at the coffee shop and that it wasn't cool, then she tries to leave. He asks her to wait and then asks her what went wrong. She says, "It's nothing you did. It's me. I have trouble handling social situations." Raj asks her why she was at the comic book store and she says, "I saw the flyer and made myself do it. I'm trying to do things that are getting me out of my comfort zone." So he asks her out again and she says, "No, you don't wanna do that. I'm broken." and he's like, "No! No! I'm broken, too! Without this beer, I wouldn't be able to even TALK to you. Seriously. I have so many issues. Like, diagnosable, REAL mental problems. So many problems." It's making her smile and she says, "How do I know you're not just saying that?" and he replies, "Go on one date with me, and I'll show you." She agrees and walks off.

Back in Leonard and Sheldon's apartment, everyone is there (Amy, Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, Howard, Bernie, Raj) and Sheldon is announcing that he and Penny are doing a reenactment of the famous play, but now it's called, "A Streetcar Named Desire. And Other Streetcars." This is where Jim removes his jacket and all he's wearing is a white tank/wifebeater. Penny walks out from the hallway and they reenact a scene for about 30 seconds before Leonard gets bored and starts using the Etch-a-Sketch.

The tag scene is weird, actually, because they spent a good 30-40 minutes changing it and recording LOTS of different bits and I honestly don't even have the slightest idea of what they're going to use on-screen for this section. It seemed all jumbled and out of order. It's probably just going to be Penny and Sheldon reenacting the scene with a crazy science-filled script clearly written by him and maybe a pan of all the faces of everyone else.

Then it's the end of the episode.

I also feel like I'm forgetting a playback, maybe. Monique might remember, but I think that's it.