View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I don't know but it's another thing with tv shows. There are some I can easily watch without any subtitles at all and understand almost everything but then there are the ones that are not so easy to follow. But if you're not fluent in English, you woulnd't want to watch anything in English and I admit it is exhausting to watch certain movies in English because you don't know what the movie is about or what's going to happen, with tv shows, you already know all the stuff and you can concentrate on the stories and the dialogues. I am sure that a lot of viewers wouldn't watch tv anymore if everything was in English. And since watching films/series is not work but freetime, it should be easy and fun. And to make both original sound and dubs available it would cost the stations too much I've heard.

Sorry for the offtopic here. Movies are usually dubbed very well. Though if you don't like dubs or can't stand them anymore, you don't like them but the voices are pretty good and almost every major actor has it's own signature voice, that's why if you ask me about Will Smith or Bruce Willis, I have difficulties to tell you the English voice in my head, but I do have the German one in my head, because I've heard them very often. Tv shows on the other hand are so different, it's not watchable at all.

Koni, that sucks. I'm glad that I can get all the dvds from amazon, shops and from UK/US.
Very interesting.

Matt, how did you discover Everwood?