View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Tracie76
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
2x05 when it aired was definitely bad, but as the story has developed, the episode had its purpose for the story. For Zoe almost breaking her arrangement with Wade just shows that she is human - she has all these feelings for George and she practically had to forget about them until the timing was right. Those feelings came alive on the boat standing close to him and I dont fault her for that.

After 2x09 I think she is will be more confused than ever about the romantic future and hopefully we will se her process it all and perhaps seeing George happy with Tanzy will allow her to try and be happy with Wade as more than FWB.

It definitely is a complex situation and I hope the writers have a general plan for the them for rest of season 2, leaving doors open, but also having a plan B if the show isnt renewed. This isnt a comedy or a crime show - this is a love story and as such it needs an ending.
Zoe and her feelings for George still remain a mystery to me so I won't get into all of that.

I do fault her for almost kissing George. I get that she is human, but for me there are some things that aren't excusable. And that is one of them. It would have been completely different if she hadn't made the arrangement with Wade. But any advancement of the relationship with Wade was all at her urging. If the roles would have been reversed and she caught Wade doing that he never would have gotten a way with an "I'm sorry. I'll do better next time" speech. But yes that is what set up Wade to make his realization in 208 and ultimately have the courage to walk away in 209 because he deserves to be happy and get from her what he is giving.

205 also just underlined for me why I will never ever support GZ. It reminded me exactly how selfish Zoe can be at times and completely dismissive of those around her. 205 and the race episode last season were the only times I've disliked her. And none of it has anything to do with her feelings for George. It was because she acted on them and in the process hurt someone. And it wasn't that she hurt someone without knowing like in 208 or even 209. So that is my problem with 205. I understand it was necessary, but it pushed Zoe so far to the line that now they have to be very careful with her so she doesn't step too far over and the fans stop rooting for her and for her to ultimately be with Wade.

I also hope that the writers wrap things up at the end of the season in case there isn't another season. I trust that they will since they did so last season.