View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Red Dragon
Passionate Fan

For about the millionth time this season already, I again cannot identify with DE'ers that feel that this episode was a "win" for them. OK, so it was good to have it confirmed that the bond only effects actions, not feelings. But that is still a BIG deal. I think most of us knew that Elena already loved Damon, or at least had very strong feelings for him. But what really matters, was that she still chose to be with Stefan.

Choices in life are what make us who we are. If Elena's ability to choose her actions is taken away, her choice is taken away. Until the sire bond can be broken, all the DE scenes we are getting are still tainted. Emotion, even love doesn't = believe it is "worth it" to act on it. Elena already decided that Damon wasn't worth leaving Stefan for. As a DE fan(or DE hopeful would probably be more accurate) I am saying this. If the bond is broken, and she decides to choose Damon then, then that is worth celebrating. This? Not so much.

And in all of this, it looks like Damon is going to do the really selfish thing and decide to stay with Elena. Maybe he won't be sleeping with her, but not telling her to stay away is wrong at this point. He is just going to continue to influence all her decisions, intentional or not. Didn't his run-in with Charlotte open his eyes?! She was a ROBOT. *is intensely frustrated*

If Damon stays with her, IMO, he really is taking advantage of her.

~Katie~