Regulus-Fan
Fan Forum Star

The Bonnie Appreciation Week 2012

Day 4 - Favourite Relationship: Bonnie/Grams [x] and [x]
Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear

This was probably the easiest choice for me. Bonnie´s relationship to her Grams is together with her relationship to her magical powers the most important part of her life in my opinion. We didn´t see many episodes in which Grams and Bonnie interacted but even in season 4 we see that Bonnie is affected by her Grams and her death that took place in the first half of season 1, this is something unusual for a show where there is a dead parental figure almost every week. Even though we didn´t see most of the griefing process for Grams we know how deeply affected Bonnie was by her death (re: her decision to not de-activate the device in 2x21) and her progress as witch totally on her own without a guide to help her through all the rough patches. And because of Grams not being here we saw her making many mistakes but also experiencing stuff that she wouldn´t have with Grams still by her side.
I also love the relationship between Bonnie and Grams because it is so similar to my relationship to my grandmother of course without the magical part
We all saw her making fun of her Grams an not taking her seriously at some point but when Bonnie realized that Grams was right (as always) we see her comforting Bonnie and helping her through the confusion as a young witch. And Grams always put Bonnie and her family first and this is something Bonnie needs again, because at the moment she is practically putting everyone over her own life but nobody is there for her. We see some glimpses with Jeremy and Caroline whenever they have scenes together but they also have people that are more important to them than Bonnie so we need somebody whose focus is on Bonnie and the only person we got until now is Grams but she is dead since season 1 and it is sad that we haven´t got another relationship for her like that.