View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM
tiger_lily_5
Part-Time Fan

Good evening, ladies. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Here's an update to my story. Hope you enjoy.

-------------------

Two Samurai, Chapter 8

Hollywood, CA
January 1991

After Kevin's pep talk in the restroom, they headed back into the conference room and passed the screen test with flying colors, getting especially high praise for their kiss. They had both let the kiss linger for longer than they meant to, especially with an audience, and Whitney blushed as it ended to a room full of smiling studio staff.

"That was really great," one said. "Very realistic," another agreed.

She took a deep breath as everyone slowly filed out of the room, offering compliments to both herself and Kevin. Soon they were alone, her still sitting in her chair and him standing up, closing the door with a smile.

"You were amazing," he said, beaming at her. "See? I told you."

"I couldn't have done it without you," she said, smiling shyly at him as he crossed the room toward her. He pulled her in for a tight hug.

"Are you busy right now...do you want to hang out or something?" Whitney asked softly, feeling her heart beating in her chest. "I mean, if you have something else to do, then-- "

"Honestly I'd love to," he smiled. "My place is a mess though...they started remodeling the kitchen yesterday."

"We could go to my house," she replied, with a nervous smile. "It isn't too far from here."

"It's a plan then." Kevin grinned, retrieving both of their coats from where they were draped over a chair and helping Whitney into hers.

"Thank you," she whispered, putting her arms into her coat.

An hour or so later, they were settled in on her couch, an appropriate distance apart from each other, with a big bowl of potato chips between them. They were watching a chick flick that she'd picked up from Blockbuster the day before. She didn't admit to Kevin that she'd literally just watched it, but she knew it was a "safe" film -- one without any love scenes to make her feel uncomfortable around him. At least they were back to being friends, which was much better than the awkward phase they'd been in for most of the week.

During an especially emotional part of the film, Whitney glanced over at him. He was looking toward the TV, but she felt as though his mind was elsewhere.

"You're bored, aren't you?"

"Well... no. I mean, this isn't really my cup of tea as far as movies, but I don't mind it at all if I get to spend time with you."

He looked at her with big blue eyes then scooted over close to her, setting the bowl of chips on the coffee table, and patting her on the leg as though to gauge her reaction. When she didn't flinch, he laid his hand on her thigh and left it there. Whitney swallowed, hyper-aware of his touch. If she were being honest with herself at that moment, she'd admit that she wanted more of it; a lot more.

Her eyes went back to the movie. "Thank you again for everything," she said softly. "I actually had fun in there today, after awhile."

"I knew you would." Kevin was still looking right at her; she could feel it.

A couple of minutes passed. The movie couple had an argument, but that storyline was the furthest thing from Whitney's mind.

"Hey, Whitney?" he asked after a bit.

"Yeah?" She reluctantly moved her gaze away from the TV to look at him.

"What are you thinking about right now?"

"What? I don't know. Nothing, really." She rubbed her lips together.

"Hmmm. Well...I guess I have to tell you what I'm thinking about, then."

"And what's that?" she whispered.

He leaned in to her quickly, placing one hand behind her neck as he moved her toward him for a soft, slow kiss, then pulled back. Whitney was unable to speak for a few seconds, her heart pounding in her ears. There was a long moment then, when she felt like he was putting a choice in her hands: either stop this silliness altogether, or move forward as more than friends. She knew they had undeniable chemistry together; they always had. Even before they met in person.

She made a fast decision; one without much thought, for just about the first time in her life. She just went on pure emotion, placing her mouth back on his for a more urgent, needy kiss, then running her hands from his shoulders down to his hands, lacing her fingers into his. Kevin smiled, his eyes crinkling.

"Tell me what you want," he whispered.

Whitney's brain was racing with a million thoughts, a million reasons not to do this, but she didn't care. She had feelings for him, and she was sick of hiding them; tired of pushing them away.

"I want you to make love to me," she replied, looking back into his eyes with no hint of fear.

Kevin's lips curved up into a playful smile. "I think I can handle that," he said softly.

She stood up, taking his hand into hers and leading him up the stairs.

Lying with her head on his shoulder, Whitney felt Kevin pull her in closer to him as he twirled a chunk of her dark hair idly around his finger. The only sounds in the room were the quiet hum of the ceiling fan and the soft repetition of their breathing. She had no urge to move right now; in fact, she thought that she may never have the urge to move again. She felt safe and loved here with his arm around her, and their lovemaking had been better than any she'd ever experienced.

The shrill ring of her cellphone pierced the air of their perfect moment. It rang twice, then a third time. Neither of them moved.

"Don't you need to get that?" Kevin finally asked quietly, kissing the top of her head.

"No, it's okay," she replied with a soft sigh, her mind coming back down to reality with a jolt. She was in bed with a married man, and that was probably her boyfriend calling her.

Whitney tilted her face up to his, giving him a soft kiss, and feeling him responding. They smiled sweetly at each other, Kevin running his warm hand down her arm. Why can't this be my reality, she thought to herself. The phone started ringing again, somehow seeming even louder this time.

"I'm sorry about that," she muttered.

"It's okay." Kevin sat up, bunching the covers around his waist. "I should probably get home anyway."

She'd been expecting those words, but that didn't make them sting any less. She simply nodded in response, getting up out of bed and gathering her clothes to put them back on. Neither of them spoke as they dressed. This was completely new territory for Whitney, and she had no idea what to say.

"So, will I see you again before you leave for tour?" he finally asked.

"I don't know," she replied honestly, the words coming out with a little bit of a bite to them. She hadn't meant for them to, but she suddenly felt like crying and didn't want to do so in front of him.

"Okay," he whispered. He moved toward her, giving her a warm hug, then lifting her chin up for a kiss, which turned into a long, deep one. "If I don't see you, then be safe, and I'll call you. I promise."

Whitney nodded. She managed a smile, feeling a sharp pang of sadness. The next few months without him were going to be hell. Sex was one thing, but this had been more than simple sex, and she knew he'd felt it too.

"Be good, Whit. I'll see ya." He ran a thumb down her cheek, giving her a quick wink as he walked out. She found herself staring at the door for a long while after he closed it behind him.