View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Nadine
Master Fan

Gnome - A Reel Moment

Okay I'll add more stuff to this as it becomes available - but I've just conjured up all the stuff from the different threads and thrown them in here

Gnome

Glamour Magazine's Reel Moment

Shoot Dates: July 12-14
Shoot Location: New York, NY
Release Date October 5 (will be in December Issue of Glamour Magazine)

Length: Approx. 10 minutes

Description: 2nd in the Reel Moments short film series, Gnome is a story about Amanda, a mid to late 30's suburban housewife who loves living in her expensive house, but hates the fact that she must follow her husband's macrobiotic diet and hides the fact that she likes to swim naked. While in the 'hood' to pick up a book for her book club and some delicious (un-macrobiotic) chicken, she has a fender bender with a car full of eccentric, beautiful and hysterically funny transvestites, who come to change her life for a brief period of time.

Gnome Sides (all merged together)

Official Site

If I've missed any credits feel free to remind me.

villette found these two pics on LJ and the info about Gnome is below.

Because I'm nosy, I IM'ed the fellow in the pic above to ask where they were taken, and he told me it was in NYC for a short film he worked on with her for Glamour magazine. He said there'll be a DVD insert of the movie for subscribers only and it's called "Gnome," and to look for it in October. I checked google and a few sites mentioned the project which is called "Reel Moments." Basically, readers were asked to submit short stories about an event in their life where something empowering happened to them and the winning entries were to be made into short films. Some info here (http://www.boardsmag.com/articles/ma.../glamour.html), and here (http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...1&cs=1&s=h&p=0) from Variety.com. No mention of Lauren though.

LiveJournal with information

Anyone a Glamour subscriber and have any past issues that mention this project and its stories?

Articles on Reel Moments

NY Times
The Guardian
A blog that actually has a post from the initial essay writer

Twitter: nlm78