View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

Not thrilled about this episode. Wasn't really thrilled about any episode in season 5 at all.

I just thought everything the three main characters were going through were just so unrealistic. Joeys college life wasnt portrayed as it shouldve I dont think. THey shouldve focused on more college stories, there's so much there, but of course they throw her into a romance with aprofessor, how new and not at all to be expected! Dawson on a film set is just ridiculous as well and gets even BETTEr when he actually drops out of film school and manages to have his own TV show 7 years later, thats priceless. And then there's Pacey who very contrivedly ends up in Boston (sort of, we didnt really see much of Pacey now did we?) I think that when your writers cant think of anything to do with one of the main characters because of the story you've put the other main characters in (Dawson an dJoey), you've got a serious story problem. Looking back the only thing good to come out of it I suppose was Audrey and that only lasted about one season. Joeys wishy-washiness just continued in season 5 and, of course Dawson and Joey fans loved it, being that they left DJ for about a season and a half, but looking back it was so frustrating that once again, nothing came of any of that childishness. The beginning of the student/teacher romance was a horrible story as well. Audrey and Jen, the saving graces of this episode/season.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote