View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM
rubyanjel
Addicted Fan

Thanks Moyra, I'm now more coherent. I just remembered that this episode was pitched by Tara, Bill and Chuck. I can see now that how the scenes were like that, what with the Shamy-Amy goddess working with the writer-in-the-gutter Chuck Lorre.

I'll let this out my system now before I explode. I love that by the end, Howard and his father-in-law got along. I know how he was kind of poorly treated by Mr. Rostenkowski with his comments about Howard but at least they're agreed doing something together. I also thought it was good that they took out the comment from Mrs Rostenkowski about ironing inside the motel room while in the Grand Canyon. It made the "my wife told me" from Mr Rosrenkowski more convincing. She was a teacher, right? And I love that Penny was teaching them how to fish. I remember back in season 4, Leonard was Wii Fishing with Penny's father and that Leonard made a comment on always catching something because it's in easy mode.

Now to my favorite part: Sheldon and Amy. It's like they turned almost all of Sheldon's misgivings around and that they all coincide with the past episodes. In The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, Amy asked Sheldon to come with her to her colleague's wedding but he declined, but in this one, he IS accompanying her. *cue 'aww-ing* In The Weekend Vortex, he promptly left after he though Amy was letting him stay at home and play Star Wars, then here even if she said that it was fine when he sort of decided to go back home and join the movie marathon, he went back and told her he had a commitment to her in writing and that he is concerned of her wellbeing. He really did took care of her and did not stop and made sure she was feeling better that he even rubbed vicks on her and assisted her on bathing! Oh, and he even took a cheek swab!
There were heavy discussions on Amy being wrong and that nobody pointed to her what she did wrong and that there apparently was no growth on her character this past episode. Well, now Bernie pointed out to her what she's doing wrong and that she said she did felt guilty of taking advantage of her boyfriend being finally concerned for her wellbeing. Though one thing I noticed is that the lines "she deserves better" and "I'm a calloused egomaniac" were applied here. When he sort of casually said he wrote that part of the agreement more to his benefit and that Amy sounded disappointed for him walking away from his 'duty', I think his laments and realization at the cheesecake factory might've struck him and he's determined to prove that she does deserve better and he can be a better boyfriend.
I felt bad for Sheldon that Amy did took advantage of Sheldon finally being thoughtful but if I were in her position, to hell I would milk it all for what it's worth. She's been doing things for him the past season and that Sheldon's now trying to pay his share. And Amy felt remorse for what she did and that she did say she was sorry to Sheldon. I can't say I don't like how they made the "punishment". They won't stop at all the sexual hints. I love it. I love it so much.
AND BOY DO I WANT TO SEE IN MY TV SCREEN THE REAL BUTTSLAP! He did shown signs of fascination with Mayim's back in The Launch Acceleration taping, not that it means anything at all.

JIM, YOU'RE SUCH AN ASSMAN, ADMIT IT!!!