View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
GobSmacked82
Dedicated Fan

The Winning Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest44 (View Post)
Is it possible to post photos without having an outside photo account? Usually there is a paper clip in the header bar that lets you get into the attachment process but I don't see that here. I'd like to post the photo of Kevin accepting his Emmy that is on the Modern West website.
That is such a beautiful picture of that guy. He's was so handsomely casual in his open white shirt and black boots. *Sigh* Whitney didn't know what she was missing. If she knew what was waiting for her on the red carpet and at the after party, she would have gotten the upper hand with Pat, Gary and whoever wasn't doing her any good, and stayed healthy so she could look stunning in another amazing dress. Not necessarily red like she wore in Arizona.

Maybe the red carpet would have gone something like this:

Los Angeles -- 2012 Emmy Red Carpet

A black Escalade pulls up with Whitney and Kevin. He hops out and waits for her to exit. When she does, the gallery or reporters goes crazy. The constant strobe of flashbulbs follows them as they inch along.

"Whitnaaaay! Over here."
"Look over your left shoulder. Your LEFT shoulder!"
"The back of the dress! We need to see the back!"
"Shoes, shoes! Stick your leg out!"
"Whitney! Whitney! Smile to your left."
"Hands on your hip! Whitnaaaayyyyy!"

Kevin tries to hurry down the last two feet of the red carpet, and a couple of reporters catch on. They egg them on until Kevin gets back onto the carpet, and kids around with a pair of sunglasses to block the lights from the constant flash.

"The Bodyguard! Can we get The Bodyguard and Rachel?l?!"
"Kevin, put your arm around Whitney! Put your ARM AROUND HER!"
"Move her to the left!"
"TO THE RIGHT! OVER HERE!"

Kevin: Good God.
Whitney: They can read lips. Just buck up and smile!

"You're holding her too tight!"
"She can't breathe!"
The reporters laugh raucously, and keep snapping away.

And the ceremony a little like this:

They make their way into the theater, where the ceremonies proceed. Whitney nudges Kevin and covers her mouth laughing during the bit with Amy Poehler and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. He gives a classy acceptance speech, excluding the odd Olympic remark, but including this:

"... and to my lady, Whitney," Kevin says. "She keeps believing in me, and won't let me say otherwise. Now with this we have a matching set."

And the after party, hours later, might have gone this way?

Whitney walks to a love seat with a glass of champagne and a glass of club soda--or something--for herself. She sets them down on the small table in front of them and sits back, smiling at Kevin.

Whitney places her hands around his face, to push up his smile. That loosens him up further.

Whitney: It seems like yesterday you were the one giving me the pep talks, and pushing me ahead. Now I'm telling you to be proud of what you've done. You've worked really hard and have every reason to smile.

Kevin: Don't I know it!

Kevin smiles and runs his fingernails down Whitney's back. A couple of other colleagues stop by to congratulate him, pressing for calls to arrange meetings later in the week and months ahead.

Whitney: How does the award feel? To hold in your hand?
Kevin: Unreal. And like I stole something.
Whitney; WHY?!
Kevin: Everybody wanted that British guy to win. Benedict Cumberbatch. Even his name is interesting!
Whitney: (shakes her head and leans in to whisper in his ear) Not everybody. I told them to vote for you or else.
Kevin: Or else what?
Whitney: Well ... Um, I hadn't really planned my lie that far ahead. I don't have a scheming, conniving bone in my body, as you know.

Whitney keeps her arm hooked with Kevin's as he leans forward to rest his elbows on his knees. After a few more moments, he looks back at her, and plants a soft kiss on her lips.

Kevin: (Smirks and grins mischievously) You know, if you keep looking that beautiful, you might end up with a different kind of bone in your bod-

Whitney pinches him so hard he yelps and whimpers.

Kevin: Why did you do that?!
Whitney: Save it for later and watch your mouth, please.
Kevin: I need an amputation!
Whitney: You will live.

A reporter walks up to them and asks to get a picture. They sit up and pose patiently as Kevin inches closer and puts his hand on Whitney's knee.

Reporter: You two look amazing tonight! How are things going?
Kevin: That depends. Who are you writing for?
Reporter: A new pilot Web site for the OWN channel.
Whitney: Oh, that's interesting.
Kevin: Yeah, very. I'm taking Whitney home now, if she doesn't mind. This is our third party, and I have a few things coming up in the days ahead.
Reporter: Yeah, my girlfriend says I need to cap it at 10 hours!

The reporter laughs and hands them a business card.

Kevin: I can only relate to that a little bit. Whitney's not my girlfriend.

His remark clearly confuses the reporter.

Reporter: What, you two are off again?! Really?!
Whitney: We were never off! (She glares at Kevin, then quickly gathers her wrap.)
Kevin: I'll help you with that, Baby.
Reporter: So what are you? Just friends now?
Kevin: No, she's my wife. We've been sort of married for a few years.

Whitney covers her mouth, stifling a gasp, and tells Kevin to "pick up your trophy and let's go!"

Kevin's pace is easy, but Whitney is anxious to leave. The reporter tails Kevin and makes him swear to give the OWN an exclusive on the story. Kevin is laid back about it and promises that if he and Whitney do elaborate, no one else will hear it first. But Whitney is trying her best not to be beside herself.

After they slam the doors to their car, Whitney sighs and pulls the wrap off, bundling it into her lap.

Kevin: Are you going to let me have it? Please say yes. You're really cute when I get you mad.
Whitney: No! Just for that I won't let you have it. None of it all, if you know what I mean.
Kevin: You won't last 'til Saturday.
Whitney: I beg your pardon! We're about to have vultures at our doorstep each and every day ...
Kevin: Which is different from everyday life how?
Whitney: i like Oprah, but admn! She's a reporter to the core and will not stop calling me until we sit down on her couch! Kevin!

And Whitney proceeds to lecture Kevin all the way home, rather sweetly and softly, but she still lectures. She rants prettily while they open the door to the house, stop in the kitchen for a glass of water, and while he hoists her up on the island counter top to take off her pumps and rub her feet. Whitney pauses a little to call Cissy and have Kevin receive his congratulations from her.

Kevin: Pray for me, too, Cissy.

Kevin hands the phone back to Whitney and heads off to bed upstairs. Whitney removes her makeup and grooms her hair, all the while chatting that she "can't believe he spilled the beans!"

After Whitney huffs and slides under the duvet, next to Kevin, he grabs her around the waist and pulls her on top of him.

Kevin: Just stop it, OK. This was the biggest night of my life in a while, and I'm not sharing it with a girlfriend. I'm sharing it with my soul mate.

Whitney stops and blushes a little.

Whitney: Well, we should get to sleep. Your kids will be calling in the morning. And ... well, just about everybody else.

Kevin: I told them to back off until the afternoon. We'll be sleeping in.

And he smiles, pulling Whitney closer for a kiss.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 11-07-2012 at 04:41 AM
GobSmacked82 is offline   Reply With Quote