View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But Daphne did pursue this. Yes, Jeff was morally in the wrong to allow it, but he did not chase her or use his position as chef to pressure her in any way. And from all real-world indications, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state where they live and work. But I agree, morally what he allowed to happen was despicable.
I was referring to a hypothetical situation that Alyssa pointed out, if Daphne had been of legal age. I was separating 'laws' and moral accountablity regardless of no legal limitations, meaning just because there is no law preventing something, doesn't mean that it's still the right thing to do. Regardless of who is doing the pursuing, a person with more life experience, or more maturity, does know better - that is what I was inferring about Jeff still having moral accountablity even if Daphne had been like 18, when he's like ten years older.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.