View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Agreed. On both accounts - Daphne being of legal age changes the playing ground a little bit, but only as far as the law goes. Unfortunately, I still see moral accountability for Jeff taking advantage of Daphne when she's so much younger and does not have as much life experience. The boss issue definitely raises alot of flags.
But Daphne did pursue this. Yes, Jeff was morally in the wrong to allow it, but he did not chase her or use his position as chef to pressure her in any way. And from all real-world indications, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state where they live and work. But I agree, morally what he allowed to happen was despicable.

I am actually surprised that no one ever mentions Bay and Ty. In that relationship, Bay was a 15 year old virgin, and Ty was 19 and appeared to have a lot more experience than Bay. Not only would it not have been legal had Ty chosen to act, but with him leaving, it would have been immoral, too. How unfair to do that to a young girl. And while he did stop things the night of the fundraiser party, a few days later, he indicated to Bay that he was ready, willing, and wanted it to happen before he left. I love Ty and Bay together, so I am glad that the two of them together (at different times) had enough sense not to let that happen. Now that Bay is older, if he came back, that would be fine. But not while she was 15.

Getting back to Daphne and Angelo, I find myself wondering how protective he will be of Daphne in the second season. This new role that he is playing in her life could really be the way to bridge the distance between them. Daphne has needed a male protector in her life. Part of me thinks that is why she fell for Jeff. She wanted that strong father figure, and he definitely played the part with the authoritarian persona he displayed in the kitchen. I really think a strong Daphne/Angelo relationship could be very healing for both of them.