View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Honeycutt
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Is every week going to be Laurel blindly reaching out to Oliver only to end up feeling completely screwed over by him at the end of the episode. Because while they varied the routine with having her meet Arrow this week, the method is already lather, rinse and repeat.
Quote:
I'm all for obstacles, but I do wish the writers had made Laurel be upset a little longer. She seemed only upset for the first half of episode 1x01 and then that was it.

I do think that she is still somewhat angry with him 4 episodes later, she still snaps at him from time to time really and I think it has little to do with whats going on at that moment, but more to do with the hurt she feels because of what happened with Ollie and Sarah.

I think she has forgiven him but not completely, Oliver has "special circumstances", with him being stranded on the island and having suffered all those years, though Laurel probably doesnt know to what extend, and what happened I think she just gets that things were hard for him and feels sorry for the guy. Really she might feel he got his Karma and its been 5 years really, she may still feel hurt but she had time lots of time to make peace with what happened and move on. She is a forgiving person, maybe more so than a lot of people but still I think her lenience to him so soon has a lot more to do with his bad situation, otherwise it might have taken her a lot longer to forgive and reach out. It was shown that she still has feeling for him, minus whats may or not happen in episode 5 coz we dont know, so far in the episodes we seen I don't think that she was trying to get on with him, more like she was just trying to help him and be a friend. To be able to forgive people who had done bad things to you and even going a step further to want to help them, to me It makes her the better & strong person not a weak person. IMO

That is not to say I want Ollie to be left off the hook coz of his island situation, I'm glad she did lash out at him in the pilot, and still does so reminding him how much he hurt her, he did need to hear the effects of what he had done from her, even if he does know now. But I think she did lose control in that pilot scene and said some harsh thing understandably, which is why she went back to apologise, seeing that face again just brought a lot of pain on the surface. But nah I dont think its worth it to hold on the forgiveness, Oliver Queen paid for his "sins", its him who is like a total mess right now in people's eyes anyway, it just wouldnt be worth it to to not try and forgive & move on with one's life. In the end, what happened cannot be taken back, she still has to live with seeing Oliver Queen in town.

Another thing is the show pacing, it seems like they treat each episode like a "movie" as they were saying or "comic book" style, each episode is sort of self contained, with issues not taking a lot of time to be resolved. A lot has happened in a few episodes that would have been resolved in seasons in other shows, I dont know whether the way the show is going, will be good in the long run or not.

Quote:
What was she even doing at the house at the start of the episode? Neither Thea or Moira even asked him about where he'd been the night before. Neither seemed frantic as Laurel was making them out to be. Last week she was all screw you, I owe you nothing but now we're back to basics.
I thought she said she heard of the shootings and went to check out on him?, I think Thea heard the whole conversation on the stairs so she didnt need to ask, and it might have been repetitive for Moira to ask Ollie again & again where he had been, since there been quite a few scenes like that, and I still think her (laurel) lashing out at him has little to do with whats going on at that moment. Would that scene been better if it had gone to Walter, maybe. I agree there has been some character and story inconsistencies, some things are not flowing right, hopefully it gets better in following episodes.

Quote:
I think on some level he may care for Sarah. I mean in episode 1x02, it seemed like her death affected him considering I believe there was a flashback of her death scene in the courthouse.
I think he does, they might have grown up close, knowing one another.

Quote:
I think he was in love with.
But I don't know if he necessary realized it until he was on the island.
Yeah maybe something like that. If you love people you aren't supposed to hurt them but some people do anyway.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 11-02-2012 at 05:50 PM
Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote