View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
honestly I dont see Laurel having feelings for Tommy. It seems very one sided. Personally if she is still in love with Ollie, she shouldn't get involve with him.

as for the whole cheating on the sister plot line, it just seems like the writer's pointless (annoying) attempt to keep them apart as long as possible. Other than being an obstacle in the Laurel/Oliver relationship. Sarah Lance is a very pointless character.
I feel it will be one sided as well, but I really can't officially judge that since they did have five years of Oliver disappearance to truly bond. Judging by their interaction, Laurel didn't want to get involved with him cause she doesn't see him as a one woman kind of man.

It might be, but it still happened. No matter how annoying or pointless it may be, it did happen. We can't ignore that as viewer. Sleeping with someone sister when you are dating is just low. I love Oliver and I love Laurel but right now I'm not positive on how I feel about them together.
I'm all for obstacles, but I do wish the writers had made Laurel be upset a little longer. She seemed only upset for the first half of episode 1x01 and then that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
She might be pointless but the fact that it happened is the very reason why I find the romance so unappealing. I'd be all for Laurel/Oliver slowly falling in love with each other now but the fact that we're supposed to buy they in love before they accident. To cheat is one thing, but to use her sister is a low and shows Oliver had no respect for their relationship.

I think I'd need an episode where they flashback to the former relationship and maybe show why Oliver went off with Sarah because right now, the writers attempt to sell this is just not good.
I'm 100% with you on this. It is so difficult to get the Oliver/Laurel relationship when it obviously wasn't good enough for him to not be with her sister of all people. I think that was a part of the old playboy Oliver though, but it doesn't erase that it happened and I'd like to get flashbacks of the past to show why did it happen. I would think if was for Oliver to be Oliver... just to probably push Laurel away? but I would like to know [if true' why did he feel he had to do that. Or did he really share a connection with Sarah? I just don't know.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote