View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Nothing Else Matters
Elite Fan

Quote:
On Friday, Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 film and created the NBC/DirecTV series Friday Night Lights, penned a letter to the Romney campaign calling the Republican presidential candidate's use of the phrase "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose" an act of "plagairism" that "falsely and inappropriately associates Friday Night Lights with the Romney/Ryan campaign." "Your politics and campaign are clearly not aligned with the themes we portrayed in our series," Berg wrote in the letter.

Now Bissinger, who also is Berg's cousin, is responding to the letter in equally vitriolic fashion.

"I love Pete but he is being childish and petulant," Bissinger says in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "He should be flattered that Romney is honoring his show. Obama tried to use the slogan as well but unsurprisingly was ineffective in getting the message across."

"Berg is just another member of the Hollywood glitterati whose idea of liberalism is making sure their Mexican gardeners get paid only several dollars below minimum wage," he writes. "He has no idea what and who Romney is about. I find his letter uninformed and offensive."

Bissinger also takes Berg to task for calling himself the creator of FNL.
"And I am frankly sick and tired of Berg and everyone else acting as if he was the creator of Friday Night Lights. Without the book there never would have been a television show. He should feel lucky that anyone cares about it."
+

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 10-16-2012 at 07:17 PM